MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: settings.php keeps resetting after moving hosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My friends and I started a myBB forum about a month or two ago and yesterday we switched hosting to something local to us. We followed this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html guide, and after issues with the host's database we managed to get it up and running. However, we discovered that a couple plugins weren't working right, so we tried to deactivate them. That, for some reason, broke all our stylesheets on the forum and when we looked at settings.php that had reset to what we had on the old host.

We thought the plugin was broken, so we reuploaded the fixed settings.php and our stylesheets started working again. Then we tried turning gzip compression off in the myBB settings, and THAT caused our settings.php to reset to the old one again. Looking through the database none of the settings have changed so it is clear something is wrong. What can we do?

EDIT: Nevermind, we forgot to change which database it was connecting to through the phpMyAdmin database backup.
settings.php is only a local cache of the settings in the database. You need to set the correct settings in the ACP.
Yeah, noob mistake lol. Thanks for the insanely quick reply!
No problem, glad I could be of assistance. Smile