MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade screw up, HELP!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I followed all upgrading procedure up to when I'm supposed to run the upgrade script. I punched it into my browser, it said I still have plugins running, so I hit the back button to go to my ACP and try to disable the plugins, and it says that I don't have a session, so I try to login, and I get this here:

MySQL error: 1146
Table 'SMMMessageBoard.mybb_adminsessions' doesn't exist
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_adminsessions (sid, uid, loginkey, ip, dateline, lastactive) VALUES ('830ae0877bf70e4f8d917411a85c91f7', '1', 'YxY5pThI19ARuHD2JJTCYRjaKi2rAnhsESwCUp7Fb5XxydkVOO', '72.94.162.101', '1160238493', '1160238493')

I also get this all over my board:

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'csscached' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT name, tid, themebits, csscached FROM mybb_themes WHERE def='1'

I can't see anything!! Please help!!!!!
Have you tried to do the upgrade?  I didn't think to deactivate my plug ins either!  For the most part, it doesn't interfere with the upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1.  And if it does, there's a fix.  At least it worked for me!

Cause at this point, you've already copied all the new files to your site, so it wants you to run the upgrade script! I don't think it can hurt anything to run the script..at least nothing that can't be fixed! Big Grin
I didn't start out with 1.2. I'm very late in upgrading and originally had 1.1.6 if I'm not mistaken.

Should I just try to run the script and see what happens despite database errors and the plugin warnings?
Yes tristian, you can do that, but more than likely you will have errors afterwords by plugins, so you will have to de activate them, find their 1.2 equivilent and then reactivate them, at some point.
Upgraded. Have this when trying to de-activate Additional group images plugin:

Warning: agi_deactivate(./inc/adminfunctions_templates.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sktarringer/smartmouthmedia.com/html/blab/inc/plugins/agi.php on line 34

Fatal error: agi_deactivate(): Failed opening required './inc/adminfunctions_templates.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sktarringer/smartmouthmedia.com/html/blab/inc/plugins/agi.php on line 34

Have this on my index:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: setlanguage() in /home/sktarringer/smartmouthmedia.com/html/blab/inc/plugins/nars.php on line 763
What should I do?
Is there a 1.2 version of agi?
Delete nars.php and agi.php as they are not 1.2 compatible it seems like.

There is an Additional groups plugin for 1.2 aswell but it's not the same, totally rewritten.
Thanks so much!!!!! All fixed! =) You guys rule!
For future reference, if anyone gets that warning "Some of your plugins are still active, blah blah blah" and you're upgrading to 1.2, chances are you've already overwritten your admin CP with the new 1.2 files, and without a 1.2 database schema (since you haven't ran the upgrade script) the forum will be broken. So unless you want to reupload 1.1.x to deactivate your plugins, just ignore the error and continue with the upgrade Smile.