MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Index posts on Google ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using MyBB 1.6.4 , I got a problem that my websites posts takes so long to index on google about 48hrs+ Sad . I have a proper sitemap and submitted to google webmaster tools also But still my posts are not indexing properly.

Please check my website and sitemap :

http://www.myhealthconsult.com/sitemap-index.xml

I think sitemap is alright but i dont knw where is the problem? Please help me out.
Firstly, upgrade to the latest version of MyBB. Many security and bug fixes have been released since 1.6.4 was released.

48 hours is a relatively acceptable time for threads to be indexed. You only have 2,000 which is a relatively small amount.

Sites such as mybb.com, stackoverflow.com, along with other high traffic sites are indexed faster because they're well known, have a good reputation, and are very dynamic in terms of content. As your forum grows, Google will index your site faster. There's no trick or setting, just let nature take its course.
Sir Actually one of my website on wordpress, blog posts got indexed in just 10mins. I will try to upgrade my Mybb.
From my experience, Google crawl about 8-48 hours on each thread (default crawl time setting).
That's enough for me. In case you've made wrong thread, still there is enough time to edit it before goes indexed by Google Smile

More dynamic/active your forum, more happy Google indexing automatically more frequently.