MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: $codebuttons style editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
where the code buttons are for posting (font color, bold, video posting etc) I'd like to change the build and style of it majorly. How do I go about this and in what file? I've looked at the jscript and can't really decipher enough to code it to be what I want.

< mostly I want to change it so it doesn't wrap about the text area visibly, I need to change the width of it, and make it so the buttons are on different columns, cause right now they're stretching my board out bad! Please help C: it's appreciated. Thank you!
Most of this is css and sprite images - the file you are looking for is jscripts/editor themes. Make a copy of default and then start editing.
how do I tell what css value does what? this is the thing that confuses me most. I can edit a class, but how do I know where that class is being used?
Install firebug (or Dragonfly if you use Opera).

Using that tool you can then inspect an element on the page and even modify it "on the fly" to see what changing it does. Once you see how it works on the page you will be able to change the css style sheet if you like using the new elements.

What exactly is wrong with your editor? Can you post a picture/provide a forum url?
You can use Google Chrome and right click then inspect element. That is what I do.
Or indeed Chrome. I hate the Chrome browser, but yes that is an option Big Grin
Why do you hate it?
Its a resource hog. My computer is ancient and I like to have (on average) Blender, Photoshop, my browser (10 tabs or so) and mIRC open.
Ah. Why not get a new one. When you say firebug I'm guessing you use Firefox?
(2012-11-18, 04:07 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. Why not get a new one. When you say firebug I'm guessing you use Firefox?

In the absence of wealthy parents to buy me one, I think I will be plodding along with this for a while yet.

No, I hate Firefox too, I use Opera. I just suggested Firefox and firebug as it is an ok css peeker thingy
Pages: 1 2