MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to remove threads column ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recalled seeing a tutorial on how to do it, but I can't find it no more. Even google can't. Please help ?

I'm referring to the thread column on the index forum.
(2012-11-18, 09:57 AM)Simple3x Wrote: [ -> ]I recalled seeing a tutorial on how to do it, but I can't find it no more. Even google can't. Please help ?

I'm referring to the thread column on the index forum.

Try this. Either remove or comment out the following code at the forumbit_depth1_cat template:

<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></span></td>

Repeat the procedure with the following code in these 2 templates, forumbit_depth2_cat and forumbit_depth2_forum. i.e. the same code for both those templates:

<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>

That should do the trick.
Wht do you mean by comment out ?
To comment out is to wrap in these tags:

<!-- and -->

That makes the markup language be ignored by browsers (but still viewable by you for future reference).
(2012-11-18, 02:18 PM)geekywebadmin Wrote: [ -> ]To comment out is to wrap in these tags:

<!-- and -->

That makes the markup language be ignored by browsers (but still viewable by you for future reference).

Thanks for clarifying things up, i just didnt knw thats what you call "comment out"

Anyways, i know that an element should end with another comment out right ?
(2012-11-18, 03:23 PM)Simple3x Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, i know that an element should end with another comment out right ?

If you have to ask this question, you may want to carefully consider whether or not you should be modifying your templates. I don't say that to be condescending. I say that because after ten years of working with vB, phpBB, and myBB, adminstrating a Linux server, and studying html, xhtml, xml, and css...I'm still a rookie.

BACKUP BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES.

A comment tag works like this:

<!--

blah blah blah, stuff to be ignored, text, code, whatever

-->
(2012-11-18, 03:23 PM)Simple3x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-18, 02:18 PM)geekywebadmin Wrote: [ -> ]To comment out is to wrap in these tags:

<!-- and -->

Thanks for clarifying things up, i just didnt knw thats what you call "comment out"

Anyways, i know that an element should end with another comment out right ?

To be able to edit the templates you should know at least the basics of html.

I would second the above poster 's advice as well, that you should proceed with cautious and if you have made extra custom edits for the templates it would be best to always back them up before editing them.

Another tip, if you don''t understand something, searching is the way to go as well.
Thanks to both of you guys. Cheers.
(2012-11-19, 05:30 AM)Simple3x Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to both of you guys. Cheers.

No problem. If you want, just copy and paste the entire template into this thread, inside of the

BBcode tags, and I can try to make the desired edit for you (if you encounter any difficulties).
(2012-11-19, 05:30 AM)Simple3x Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to both of you guys. Cheers.

You are welcome Smile