MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reason for IP/Username/Email ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to see a reason/comment field in IP/Username/Email ban in AdminCP.

After several years it's hard to remember why particular IP, Username or Email are banned.
Well, maybe it's easier to remember Usernames or Emails, but for IP it definitely hard.

thanks.
There's a good chance this'll be implemented in to 1.8. I brought this idea up a few months ago. Smile
I agree for IP, but the rest isn't needed from my point of view though.
Why its not needed for the rest of banning? IMO each banning or moderation should have a reason as to why its banned or moderate.
(2012-11-19, 12:57 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There's a good chance this'll be implemented in to 1.8. I brought this idea up a few months ago. Smile
Great, thanks.

(2012-11-19, 05:31 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I agree for IP, but the rest isn't needed from my point of view though.
All these bans are stored in one table. Technically saying, when you add some field to IP ban, you add this field to Username and Email ban too.
(2012-11-19, 12:20 AM)asmile Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see a reason/comment field in IP/Username/Email ban in AdminCP.

After several years it's hard to remember why particular IP, Username or Email are banned.
Well, maybe it's easier to remember Usernames or Emails, but for IP it definitely hard.

thanks.

+1. I like to keep track if I banned an IP because it made StopForumSpam's top 20 list, or because of activity on my own forum.
An IP Whois lookup link embedded in the User box in the User & Groups section would be nice. I run all of my new user registrations through an IP check to weed out spammers and bots before unleashing them on the forum. Being able to click on lookup from that box when I first see them would save time.

Also, a way to share the ban and block lists between multiple MyBB installations would be a helpful feature.