MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload DB Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum was hacked few days ago. I created a support thread here

I found out 4 more sites were hacked that were on the same server. How? Because the hacker posted a paste of the hacked sites and the IPs and all the IPs were the same and my sites IP was there too.

I forced password change on all my members and after he defaced my site. I deleted all new suspicious files (I didn't delete any legit files) and on Saturday when I deleted my DB in phpmyadmin to basically rename the DB, I re-added a new DB in mysql databases and also updated the mysql user.

The problem is that when I try to import my ACP backup in phpmyadmin, I'm missing many tables.

All the tables after the mybb_usergroups table. mybb_usergroups is the last table being uploaded to phpmyadmin and there's no error when uploading. I'm missing many tables such as mybb_users, mybb_warnings etc.

I also noticed that I have 8 tables for the myachivements plugin.

How do I fix this issue?
The missing tables indicate that they were not included in the db backup. Can you check your db backup and see if the reported tables are in there or are indeed missing? If the later, make another backup of your db and make sure that it has all the tables.

The plugins tables can be safely removed if you do not use that plugin anymore.

About the hack, ask your host to check their logs as well and see what happened and how it happened so the point of entry can be patched up a.s.a.p.