MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFXMeetUp.tk | Meet Other GFX here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-11-19, 06:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I always try to make positive remarks when I can, but I am really struggling on this one. The forum theme is totally unsuited to a graphics forum. It looks like a hack up of the Diablo theme, the on off images look small and poorly made and the other changes to the forumbit have not enhanced the theme at all.

The header logo does not match the background image in style or color tone - it also does not fit the container it is in.

You have missing graphics on the post indicators and the ones you have are not a set.

This is just about edits of a MyBB theme - the theme should be well made and show style and suitability - that is what I look for in graphics and as your forum theme does not have that it gives me NO confidence in the graphics I am likely to find on your forum.

I am sorry if I seemed harsh, but it is a true review.

Thank for this long feedback. I will prove to you that i can do it in few month time.
(2012-11-20, 01:43 AM)jacktheking Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-19, 06:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I always try to make positive remarks when I can, but I am really struggling on this one. The forum theme is totally unsuited to a graphics forum. It looks like a hack up of the Diablo theme, the on off images look small and poorly made and the other changes to the forumbit have not enhanced the theme at all.

The header logo does not match the background image in style or color tone - it also does not fit the container it is in.

You have missing graphics on the post indicators and the ones you have are not a set.

This is just about edits of a MyBB theme - the theme should be well made and show style and suitability - that is what I look for in graphics and as your forum theme does not have that it gives me NO confidence in the graphics I am likely to find on your forum.

Thank for this long feedback. I will prove to you that i can do it in few month time.

Then why'd you post it now?
(2012-11-20, 03:02 AM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-20, 01:43 AM)jacktheking Wrote: [ -> ]

Then why'd you post it now?

Because i though my forum is good.. But after posting this, I find out that i have so many thing that i have not done yet.
Also you're going to need a new slogan or motto, "Meet other GFX Here" doesn't make sense in English let alone any other language, I believe you need to change it to "Meet Other Graphic Artists Here".
(2012-11-20, 03:25 AM)ClayJay Wrote: [ -> ]Also you're going to need a new slogan or motto, "Meet other GFX Here" doesn't make sense in English let alone any other language, I believe you need to change it to "Meet Other Graphic Artists Here".

Oh yeah.. Forgot ''GFX'' stand for graphic only.. Thank for reminding me!Smile
(2012-11-20, 03:57 AM)jacktheking Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-20, 03:25 AM)ClayJay Wrote: [ -> ]Also you're going to need a new slogan or motto, "Meet other GFX Here" doesn't make sense in English let alone any other language, I believe you need to change it to "Meet Other Graphic Artists Here".

Yeahhhh... GFX aren't humans. Plus who even uses the term GFX anymore, it's so 2005?
(2012-11-21, 01:07 AM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeahhhh... GFX aren't humans. Plus who even uses the term GFX anymore, it's so 2005?

Lots.
(2012-11-21, 01:35 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-21, 01:07 AM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]

Lots.

Only the annual wave of 10 year olds jumping from Counter Strike and experimenting with cracked Photoshop thinking they're the epic designers of all time. And of course I knew you'd reply, you run/ran a forum using the "GFX" abbreviation.
Run, still.

Quote:Only the annual wave of 10 year olds jumping from Counter Strike and experimenting with cracked Photoshop thinking their they epic designers of all time.

Not so. I, and many others on my forum and other forums still use this term. I can speak for many talented artists when I say you are wrong.
Let me see...
Pokemon creed?
GFXVoid?
Planetrender?
Some people in DevantART tooo?
Oh and much much more..
Pages: 1 2 3