MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Last Post link not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a problem with people trying to access the last post link - when they click last post it does not even take them to the thread yet alone the last post on the thread. The last unread post link (green arrow on left) works but not the last past on the right.

forum is www.adifferentopinion.net

Anyone any idea how to fix this - I dont have a clue where to start, help appreciated.
This is only on the index sidebar correct? Please can you post the contents of the latest_threads_threads template (assuming using the portal templates). If you are using a sidebox addon please post the contents of the template with the latest threads (probably in Global templates).
Yes it does seem to be only the sidebar - sorry forgot to check to start with but have checked now.
The latest_threads_thread content is

[undefined=undefined]<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br />
<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->latest_threads_lastpost}</a> {$lastposterlink}<br />
{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_replies} {$thread['replies']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_views} {$thread['views']}
</span>
</td>
</tr>[/undefined]

I dont think it is an addon - it is a plug in called "sidebox" from the mods section and I cannot see any templates in global that look like they have anything to do with it.
Ok, it could be that the plugin file itself is incorrect and is not defining the lastpost link correctly. Can you post the contents of the plugin file?

Also, you are using firefox so put the code tags in your post manually Toungue
Sorry dont understand about firefox and code tags - do you mean I have to type in all the [{< etc myself?

As the file for the plug in seems large to me I am putting it as a notepad attachment hope that is ok.
It means that you can't use the editor until 1.6.9 is added to this site. So when you copy paste the code of a template etc you need to write the code tags manually. Or use another browser Toungue

Having a look at the code now.
Ok, please try this: keep a copy of the original sidebox code:
That has fixed it thankyou - you will excuse me I did not read it through simply replaced the file - I have just started with javascript and am having enough of a headache trying to get my head around that - I will move onto php once I have got javascript comfortable (if that happens - I have my doubts)
That is ok - the query that the original author had copied was incomplete, so even though it was using the variable the link was not set up.

To be honest, I struggle hugely with javascript and much prefer php.
I am exploring a new direction and javascript is required - it could be worse a few weeks ago I was looking at C++ but kind of decided to see if there was an easier way lol.