MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I prevent ripping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to pretent people ripping themes? I saw one forum and there wasn't any .css in its source code. How can I make my forum have the same thing or atleast encrypt them? All methods to prevent ripping is appreciated but please tell me also how to do it.
The only secure method is, dont create it in the first place. You cant prevent it.
There is no way to prevent ripping. And if they didn't have a css file it meant they put all their style in the html which is stupid.

The only way to prevent it is to never show a design to anyone.
Okey, how do I make it harder? There must be some ways to do it.
You could have a theme which is so awful that nobody in their right mind would rip it?

http://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/...ith-php/p1 is interesting.

Gotta love this reply:

chriscoyier Wrote:............you should be spending your time building an awesome website rather than spending it trying to lock things down. It's paranoid behavior and counter productive. If you really want to lock your design down, make your whole website a giant watermarked graphic. Or just put a phone number up people can call and you can describe to them what the website looks like.
Make it incredibly easy to purchase from you directly and give top-notch support. In the end, thieves will be thieves, but if you do a great job and make people respect you, you'll be more likely to get paying clients.
As said, there's just no way to prevent it at all. Heck, there's not even an easy way to make it hard on them, so it's just a waste of time.

If you want to make it hard to steal any JS you have though, you can compress it which makes it basically useless to anyone that doesn't have lots of JS knowledge. ^.^
Thanks guys. Appreciate all answers :p
From my experiences... showcases and community/internet awareness. The fact that people will be aware that a website was the first to implement it would give duplicators second thoughts. Hence Facebook's style is nearly a virtual landmark, Twitter, YouTube, MyBB and vBulletin's default theme, and so fourth.
(2012-11-19, 09:34 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to make it hard to steal any JS you have though, you can compress it which makes it basically useless to anyone that doesn't have lots of JS knowledge. ^.^

There's also this! Toungue Though it doesn't lock to a specific domain yet, I might eventually write an enf**ker that does that.
Pages: 1 2