MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error by setting a new forum moderator user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've got a problem. When I try to set a user to a moderator of a single forum, I got this message:

Error SQL:
    1054 - Unknown column 'canusecustomtools' in 'field list'
Query:
    INSERT INTO mybb_moderators (`fid`,`id`,`isgroup`,`caneditposts`,`candeleteposts`,`canviewips`,`canopenclose​threads`,`canmanagethreads`,`canmovetononmodforum`,`canusecustomtools`) VALUES ('14','41','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','1')

Whats the matter? This shows when I move my board to a new host, do reinstall, copy mySQL database tables, and upgrade my board from version 1.6.1 to 1.6.8

Link to my board: www.forumaik.pl
Test user account details:
Login: Tester or Raziel
Password (the same for this two logins): qwerty12345
It looks like the canusecustomtools field is not present in the moderators table. After having a look at the bug tracker it seems like it is an issue in the older versions of mybb but it should have been fixed in the new version.

http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1945

Anyway, let's try to add it manually and see if it would fix the issue.

Try to run the following query at the SQL box at the phpmyadmin where your mybb forum 's db is managed.

ALTER TABLE `mybb_moderators` ADD `canusecustomtools` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Replace mybb_ with whatever prefix you use for your db tables if you are not using the standard one. Hope it helped.
It is a concern though - it implies that somehow the upgrade process did not run correctly.
Yeah! It works now! Thanks! Smile
Glad to have been of help. Smile

(2012-11-19, 10:40 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is a concern though - it implies that somehow the upgrade process did not run correctly.

I agree. If that field was not added, then there might be other stuff that haven''t been added too.