MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error when merging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

when merging the date base of my other forum on another server i got this

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not connect to the database server at 'dhxxxx .com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

AngryAngry

the data base should it be in the same server as forum.?
You couldn't be more descriptive could you?
The forum should connect to the database...yes
i have a phpbb forum hosted at .net

i have my new forum mybb hosted at .info

I want to import my phpbb3 to my new mybb forum

the data base of the 1st forum is in a different server

i put all necessary ields but i still have error

should i transfer first the phpbb3 forum to .info like my bb and put his data base at the same sql server of the bb data base then do merging

thank u and excuse my english, my first language is french Toungue
Sorry I forgot to welcome you to MyBB. Welcome to My BB I hope you enjoy your time with the project.
Why not type in French and use http://translate.google.com/?
Where the database is hosted doesn't matter, as long as you provide MyBB with the correct details (Host, Username & Password).
Google Translate Wrote:J'espère que vous comprenez ceci:
Désolé j'ai oublié de vous accueillir dans MyBB. Bienvenue sur mon BB J'espère que vous apprécierez votre temps avec le projet.
Pourquoi ne pas taper dans http://translate.google.com/ français et de l'utilisation?
Lorsque la base de données est hébergé n'a pas d'importance, aussi longtemps que vous fournissez MyBB avec les détails corrects (hôte, nom d'utilisateur et mot de passe).
(2012-11-19, 09:04 PM)adhalam Wrote: [ -> ]i have a phpbb forum hosted at .net

i have my new forum mybb hosted at .info

I want to import my phpbb3 to my new mybb forum

the data base of the 1st forum is in a different server

i put all necessary ields but i still have error

should i transfer first the phpbb3 forum to .info like my bb and put his data base at the same sql server of the bb data base then do merging

thank u and excuse my english, my first language is french Toungue

It would be better if both forums are in the same servers and preferably installed in the same db. Or if you install mybb in a different db then make sure that it uses the same db user/password as that of phpbb or at the very least the phpbb db user has full access/permissions for the mybb db and vice versa. That is if you install mybb in a completely new db with a new user/password.

But as I said, it would be much handier if you installed the mybb in the same db as that of your phpbb forum.
thank you very much friends SmileHeart I'll put the two forums on the same database and give you the results

I have a question about security vulnerabilities in MyBB,, because in phpbb I was a victim of hackers repeatedly

thank you very much Big GrinSmile
(2012-11-19, 10:10 PM)adhalam Wrote: [ -> ]thank you very much friends SmileHeart I'll put the two forums on the same database and give you the results

I have a question about security vulnerabilities in MyBB,, because in phpbb I was a victim of hackers repeatedly

thank you very much Big GrinSmile

You are welcome and welcome to Mybb Smile

Mybb is very secure. Make sure to always use the latest version of it and the same goes for any third party plugins etc that you want to install or have installed.

Other than that it is up to your host to take care of the security on their end as well. But regarding mybb you don''t have to fear about security.
thank you my friend you are so kind, I would keep track of your valuable advices.

in my old phpbb forum hacker attacks with a software called backtrack and with this software can give access to the control panel to ordinary members,!!

no I'm hosted at go daddy I hope it will work fine with MyBB without hacking!

I have a small question my forum language is bilingual in French and Arabic sometimes when I install certain styles for MyBB I find them not compatible with Arabic: lacks some icons ( for example new topic) , is there a solution In order to remedy this

best regards
(2012-11-19, 10:33 PM)adhalam Wrote: [ -> ]thank you my friend you are so kind, I would keep track of your valuable advices.

in my old phpbb forum hacker attacks with a software called backtrack and with this software can give access to the control panel to ordinary members,!!

no I'm hosted at go daddy I hope it will work fine with MyBB without hacking!

I have a small question my forum language is bilingual in French and Arabic sometimes when I install certain styles for MyBB I find them not compatible with Arabic: lacks some icons ( for example new topic) , is there a solution In order to remedy this

best regards

What about the french language, does it work fine with it or do you get the same issue as well as with the arabic language?

It might be an issue with the translation that maybe has changed the image path or something like that.

But if the issue happens with every language, english included, then the problem lies at the image not being present.
I will try and inform you thank you for your kindness