MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help-upgrade fatal fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was just running an upgrade from version 1.6 to 1.6.8 and after a couple of next clicks I got the following message:

Repairing Database Sequences
Performing necessary upgrade queries...

Fatal error: [SQL] [1060] Duplicate column name 'custom_profile_fields'
ALTER TABLE mybb_adminviews ADD custom_profile_fields text NOT NULL AFTER conditions in /hermes/bosweb26a/b362/ipw.typomaniac101/public_html/forums/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 557

There is no next button. I'm afraid to turn the pc off because I don't know if that will screw things up.
At any rate, what should I do?
Not sure what all this means but the column talked about is already in the db with one entry

vid uid title type visibility fields conditions custom_profile_fields sortby sortorder perpage view_type

At this time the data in the table in question is:

1	0	All Users	user	2	a:7:{i:0;s:6:"avatar";i:1;s:8:"username";i:2;s:5:"...	a:0:{}	 	username	asc	20	card
[/php]
The field "custom_profile_fields" is empty.

The following is what was on the screen

url is http://praisenpray.com/forums/install/upgrade.php

[Image: error.png]

Huh
Have a great day and thanks
It looks like the custom_profile_fields is a duplication. Can you post a screenshot of the mybb_adminviews table structure?
Here is a screenshot:
[Image: err.png]
I've had the problem before but it was when working with perl(I've never touched PHP and therefore don't mess with it--repair wise that is) but I'm wondering if this means the problem is that the table already exists. If that is the case I can back it up and delete it and go from there but not knowing anything about the error codes for php I'm slow to mess with things.
I have also attached the screen shot--great day to you.Shy
the error is a MYSQL error and not a PHP error as it suggests it looks like the custom_profile_fields does actually exist already. what you suggest would probably work but that does not explain the error.
Make a backup of that table and go ahead with deleting that field then. Because the upgrader is trying to add that particular field but because it already is in the db it throws the duplication message which is an odd one. Anyway, try that and let us know how it will go.
NO DICE !!
I would have bet on that working as it was complaining about the table being there but now it is complaining about just the opposite:
[Image: err2.png]
Now I'm at a standstill. Confused(nothing new there), and no board.
Any ideas.

I have an idea, lol, as usual my eyes were focused on something that wasn't---mentioned the column---not the table--putting the table back in and giver er another run--will post results

If only I had read the error with my glasses on(just a saying--did have them on). The complaint was not the table itself but a column in it. Re-installed the table along with its data and deleted the column and everything fell into place. Has me wondering why I would have ever got that error to begin with seeing as I was upgrading from version 6 to 6.8 hmmmmmmmm.
Oh well, now to get on with some anti spam plugins and get this show on the road--thank you ever so much for your time---it is much appreciated.
The most important thing is that you solved the issue.
well spotted mate i missed that also.