MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete All Banned Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum has over 500 banned spammy members. I need to delete them all is there anyway to do it?
This query will delete all banned accounts:

DELETE FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `gid`='7'

To delete the posts too, read this:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-113807-...#pid842305
where do I run it?
You need to run it in PHPMyAdmin (or whatever database manager you use) Smile
deleting a user is a bad for seo. Just keep it. It doesent matter if your site has a ban members
Can you give me a quick description where to enter

DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE gid='7'

in phpmyadmin

thanks
Go to phpmyadmin > select your forums database > click SQL > paste given SQL press go.
Instead of running a query, you should have to run User Pruning. Because query will delete the users however their traces of posts left behind. So its better to use User Pruning.
(2012-11-20, 08:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Instead of running a query, you should have to run User Pruning. Because query will delete the users however their traces of posts left behind. So its better to use User Pruning.

I second this advice as well. It would be much handier that way rather than deleting them with a query.
How do I run user pruning?

(2012-11-20, 07:11 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]Go to phpmyadmin > select your forums database > click SQL > paste given SQL press go.

I tried to do it there and got this error

#1054 - Unknown column 'gid' in 'where clause'
Pages: 1 2