MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EZ-SPAM-BAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We need a plugin that does the following:

- Displays a EZ-SPAM-BAN button on the postbit view that admins/mods (configurable) can see.

- Clicking this button immediately does the following:

1. Permanently bans the email OR username OR ip OR all three (configurable)
2. Deregisters the account
3. Changes the contents of the post to "I was a naughty spammer". (configurable)

This should really be a must. It makes the process of banning a spammer a ten second procedure, rather than a multi-minute feature.
Why would you change the content of the post rather than deleting it? Also, no point in both deleting an account and banning the username ...

That said, I agree it's not a bad idea.
(2012-11-20, 05:05 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you change the content of the post rather than deleting it? Also, no point in both deleting an account and banning the username ...

That said, I agree it's not a bad idea.

Call me nostalgiac, but I am entertained every time I run across a post that says "I was foolish, and spammed, and am now banned for eternity!"

That sort of things just makes me chuckle. I agree with your second point though. I would never ban a username. Typically I only ban on email accounts. Since IP addresses are allocated usually via DHCP and people can just use proxies - I target the email addys.