MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Panel editing/moving?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-11-23, 09:20 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]You should consider hiring a designer. You've posted quite a few questions like this.

I might do that some day. But not just yet. I've also tried to help some people some have already answered and some are just way over my knowledge.
(2012-11-22, 03:06 PM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 02:12 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the welcomeblock templates if I'm not mistaken. Editing that and some CSS is all there is to it.

I know, but I don't know how.

You will have to learn some html and css. Then install a test forum and go and experiment there until you get the hang of things and can achieve what you want.

Because you can''t expect others to keep helping you for ever. It might sound a little like patronizing but trust me, it is the best solution.
(2012-11-23, 09:28 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-22, 02:12 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Those are the welcomeblock templates if I'm not mistaken. Editing that and some CSS is all there is to it.

You will have to learn some html and css. Then install a test forum and go and experiment there until you get the hang of things and can achieve what you want.

Because you can''t expect others to keep helping you for ever. It might sound a little like patronizing but trust me, it is the best solution.

You can't tell me that I know nothing and whenever there's a problem I ask it here. True, I ask more than I solve but I still always ask. Also, I ask once I've tried all my own ways. I haven't even found whole panel. Yes, I changed it but I want it to be like in some of those 2 pictures. Couldn't find anything about that anywhere.
(2012-11-23, 09:31 PM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-23, 09:28 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]

You can't tell me that I know nothing and whenever there's a problem I ask it here. True, I ask more than I solve but I still always ask. Also, I ask once I've tried all my own ways. I haven't even found whole panel. Yes, I changed it but I want it to be like in some of those 2 pictures. Couldn't find anything about that anywhere.

I didn''t tell you that you can''t ask here or anywhere else for that matter. You can ask all you want but the thing is that you can''t keep expecting others to help you all the time. At least with the simple stuff. Hence my advice above.
(2012-11-22, 02:12 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]I didn''t tell you that you can''t ask here or anywhere else for that matter. You can ask all you want but the thing is that you can''t keep expecting others to help you all the time. At least with the simple stuff. Hence my advice above.

Sorry, but I don't see this as simple stuff. There is some simple stuff I've made thread about, yes but since I can't figure it out myself I just notice that it's a simple question. Can't really do anything else to it. I know html and some css but place where I could change this and how to change whole box and it's location is way too advanced which needs more studying where I got no time.
What you're asking for is a bit beyond help. What you're asking is someone do it for you and give you the code. Asking for help is, "Which template does this go in?" "This isn't floating right, any ideas?"

If you know HTML/CSS, this shouldn't be hard for you. If it is, learn some more, or hire a designer to do what you want.
You need to learn how to use firebug or dragonfly or whatever chrome uses.

Here is a whole thing about it :

http://getfirebug.com/whatisfirebug

If you learn how to use that tool to inspect pages then you are going to be helped a lot in your css.

For HTML, the basics still apply; if you are using MyBB exclusively then you should read up on xhtml.

Google what is XHTML and follow the links as you read.
(2012-11-23, 09:42 PM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I don't see this as simple stuff. I know html and some css but place where I could change this and how to change whole box and it's location is way too advanced which needs more studying where I got no time.

Sorry to say this but I highly doubt that you know html and css. Otherwise you wouldn´have asked some of the things you have. Nothing wrong with now knowing btw, as we all have learned stuff as well.

That being said, as mentioned by brad above, you are asking others to do the research and all kind of stuff for you. But others do not have time as well. The way I see it you have 2 options, start learning how to do things yourself or open your wallet and pay someone to do them for you.

(2012-11-24, 12:37 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What you're asking for is a bit beyond help. What you're asking is someone do it for you and give you the code. Asking for help is, "Which template does this go in?" "This isn't floating right, any ideas?"

If you know HTML/CSS, this shouldn't be hard for you. If it is, learn some more, or hire a designer to do what you want.

Completely agree with this.
(2012-11-24, 03:02 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-23, 09:42 PM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but I don't see this as simple stuff. I know html and some css but place where I could change this and how to change whole box and it's location is way too advanced which needs more studying where I got no time.

Sorry to say this but I highly doubt that you know html and css. Otherwise you wouldn´have asked some of the things you have. Nothing wrong with now knowing btw, as we all have learned stuff as well.

That being said, as mentioned by brad above, you are asking others to do the research and all kind of stuff for you. But others do not have time as well. The way I see it you have 2 options, start learning how to do things yourself or open your wallet and pay someone to do them for you.

(2012-11-24, 12:37 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What you're asking for is a bit beyond help. What you're asking is someone do it for you and give you the code. Asking for help is, "Which template does this go in?" "This isn't floating right, any ideas?"

Completely agree with this.

By meaning HTML I can do tables and simple sites and CSS would be buttons and stuff like that. Moving whole panel and editing it like in picture is way too advanced and by asking it doesn't mean I know nothing. Before I ask I search results and try it myself but when I think it's enough I usually ask for help but XThread and temp conditionals is just making me so confused that I have no idea about these. Anyways, I'm done with this and this can be closed.
Closed by request.
Pages: 1 2