MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: permissions very confusing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have some forums i want to make private but permissions are confused. if i do hide private forums it hides private forums but i dont want to hide. i want them to show but when users that have no permissions click see no permission page. if i dont hide private forums the forums are visible but threads and posts number are hidden and show only this stripe - and when user clicks they see nothing. i want them to show but when users that have no permissions click see no permission page. how can i make this?
(2012-11-20, 08:22 PM)tarekovski Wrote: [ -> ]i have some forums i want to make private but permissions are confused. if i do hide private forums it hides private forums but i dont want to hide. i want them to show but when users that have no permissions click see no permission page. if i dont hide private forums the forums are visible but threads and posts number are hidden and show only this stripe - and when user clicks they see nothing. i want them to show but when users that have no permissions click see no permission page. how can i make this?

You will need to edit 2 files for that. At the forumdisplay.php file inside the root of your forum find the following code:

else
{
	$threadcache = $tids = null;
}

And replace it with:

else
{
	error_no_permission();
}

Save the changes and reupload the file back.

Then at the functions_forumlist.php file inside the inc file find the following code:

if($permissions['canviewthreads'] != 1)
{
	$hideinfo = true;
}

And replace it with:

if($permissions['canviewthreads'] != 1)
{
	$hideinfo = false;
}

Save the changes and reupload the file back.

That should do the trick. Hope it helped.
you rock borbole. i am very happy now cause it worked like i wanted.
(2012-11-21, 02:34 PM)tarekovski Wrote: [ -> ]you rock borbole. i am very happy now cause it worked like i wanted.

Glad to have been of help.