MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block out the Super Admin group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I wanna block out the group that it's used for senior admins, from all other admins. E.g. So lets say I have 2 super admins, and 10 regular admins. They have access to the whole ACP and when they go to users and groups and users, then they go to there profile and change their group to anyone one they want. Now I want to block that out to them so they can't change their user group to anything or just the super admin group. How do I do that?
(2012-11-20, 10:54 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so I wanna block out the group that it's used for senior admins, from all other admins. E.g. So lets say I have 2 super admins, and 10 regular admins. They have access to the whole ACP and when they go to users and groups and users, then they go to there profile and change their group to anyone one they want. Now I want to block that out to them so they can't change their user group to anything or just the super admin group. How do I do that?

You can change the administrator permissions from the ACP any changes you make will not affect the Super Admin users.

Also because the Super Admin users are defined in ./inc/config.php unless they have access to modify that file they will not be able to set themselves as a Super Admin user.
You cannot. If they have access to the users in ACP then they can promote themselves to admin. If you set that group to not be able to access users then they cannot promote themselves.