MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block / Remove Adfly Links Automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Day,

I don't want my forum to be filled with adf.ly links specially on download sections. I would like to know what plugin is needed for that to filter all adfly links. Spam muddler on mods site is not working. Thank You!
You can use the word filter. Just replace adf.ly with spam.com or something along those lines.
I will try these Sir Nathan, thank you. It really annoyed me to see those links.
Sorry to bump a old thread. Can you please specify a little more? I don't know where the "word filter" was. More over is there any option to disable the adf.ly links completely from the script?
^ word filters is at admin panel >> configuration >> look at left side menu
replace adf.ly with anything you like - this is the simple method.
(2012-11-21, 08:05 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the word filter. Just replace adf.ly with spam.com or something along those lines.

(2013-04-30, 11:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ word filters is at admin panel >> configuration >> look at left side menu
replace adf.ly with anything you like - this is the simple method.

Still the adf.ly occurs. Is there ant option to edit this in the script?
^ have you tested it as a normal user ? admins can bypass word filters (can be changed)
It was occur in the normal user only. I can't see that as admin.
hmm., not sure why it is not working.
filter as http://adf.ly/***** replacement as ~ is working for me.
Actually my link appears normal, but the adfly link is in the hyperlink only.

And another thing I noticed that, the adfly link in the hyperlink was not ocured immediately after the page loads. For the first few seconds the normal link only appears, then it was changed to adfly link.