MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smarty engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yo!

So I have been looking around and come to the conclusion that smarty is a good template engine to use?

I am planning to start up an open source project but am unsure as to what engine would be best or what options there are out there? I would be using bootstrap for the theme but parsing variables and such in the files is an issue as I am trying to keep all PHP seperate from the HTML.

So my question is, is Smarty a good template engine and are there others out there that you can recommend? Or should I even start one from scratch? I have an idea of creating a sort of cache system, plugin system is already done to a point.
Thanks
Twig is pretty darn good. It's developed by the guys behind Symfony too.
Hmm it looks good, might look into it Smile thanks, any other suggestions?
You could look into using Blade from laravel. I believe Taylor has made it available as a Composer package as part of Illuminate. It's one of my favourite engines.
One of my sites is using Smarty:

http://customvalues.net/

I couldn't say one bad word about it Smile
I'd agree with Euan on Blade and laravel, epic combination Smile
Hmm sounds good, if I were to release some software, would it matter if there was PHP in the templates?
Blade has its own way of handling php in templates, and allows simple conditionals and loops Smile
Hmm ok thanks Tom Smile
Though I believe Blade also allows the execution of PHP functions so you might want to alter it a little. For example, the following would both work:

{{ phpinfo() }}
{{ die("Whatever...") }}

etc.
Pages: 1 2