MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Message Postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am busy theming a site and am forcing classic postbit on all users for the thread layout, but for PMs, modern postbit is much more suitable.

Is there a code edit I can do that makes all forums use classic postbit whilst the PMs use modern postbit?

I COULD just go through all the forums forcing to classic (using XThreads) and have users have modern postbit as default, but it seems a long way round.

Does anyone have an idea how else I can do this?
you could combine modern and classic into one template and use a conditional to check if they are in the PM section
Yes, I guess I can do that - but there are only 6 forums - so I will go with the XThreads forcing solution and edit the option to change post layout out of the user CP combined with a default profile for new registrants.

Of course, this would be a very cool option at admin level - set postbit style for PMs and set postbit style for forums, with the option to allow users to change the layout as they prefer for threads (for those admins who allow users to choose Toungue ).
It always struck me as weird that these are the same template at all, really.
It is pretty odd that they use the same templates. PMs are not posts after all and I don't see why you would want to see certain pieces of post level information (especially added via plugin) in PMs.
Indeed Euantor. My postbits are a hell of <if><else> constructs - it seems crazy indeed that they are not separate templates.
In your postbit_classic template:
<if THIS_SCRIPT == 'private.php' then>
<template postbit>
<else>
normal code...
</if>

(2012-11-22, 05:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]It is pretty odd that they use the same templates. PMs are not posts after all and I don't see why you would want to see certain pieces of post level information (especially added via plugin) in PMs.

Plugins shouldn't be adding unnecessary information to the PM postbit anyways. IMO that is the primary reason as to why we provide with four different hooks at the postbit level.
Thanks Omar, but I know how to do that. I think the point is that the PM and the POSTBIT use the same template. Rep button in PM? as standard MyBB? who the heck reps a PM???
You can not REP+ a PM, it is just shown there to REP+ the user. The "PM" button is what doesn't make sense IMO. But, meh... Toungue
Yea, its all madness!! Madness I say Big Grin
Pages: 1 2