MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Positive Modding l Gaming Community l
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Positive Modding
http://www.positivemodding.comze.com (I am aware it's a subdomain, I will be purchasing a .com domain very soon)

-We are a Gaming Community. I have created this site about 1 year ago, I closed it down due to some major changes needed, it's now back up and there a lot of new features and it's a great community to be a part of.

I have 340 members, there are barely any posts considering I deleted all the threads & posts during re-modeling.

So if you like the website, you can join. It's up to you, if you want to join, put the Website Referrer as "Smsnh" (That's me). Thanks, I hope to see you guys there. Smile
You have a landing page (the portal) but no link to the forum (yes i know clicking on the banner does it but that really is not clear to the average user).

Also you could use a new logo, also you have no use for a VIP section you have over 40 forums. You use tabs to hide content (tabs are always a bad idea). Fix those problems by reducing forums removing VIP and getting a new logo. Oh an dont forget to get rid of those tabs.

PS: one of your users has an even better logo for your site as signature:
http://www.positivemodding.comze.com/sho...d=71#pid71
Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to fix everything and make it better. Thanks again.
Definitely work on the menu, add a home and forum link to it. Also I think we need to make a sticky on the showcase saying don't post your site until you have removed tabs because no one really likes them for whatever reason.

[Image: 30665051.jpg]
Remove that animated rainbow on your links. Also, why do you have a forum for rules and chatbox rules? A generic TOS topic or custom page should suffice.
You need to work a little harder on your site header logo.

Need a forums tab.

Also, have you got permission to copy/paste joystiq news?
(2012-11-23, 08:47 AM)Nobby Wrote: [ -> ]Also, have you got permission to copy/paste joystiq news?

I don't see a problem as long as it's cited?
You have no content. What you are showing us is a hack up of the poor old Apart theme with far far too many forums.

There are so many tips and tricks and ideas to be found in this community - quickly made themes don't impress a lot of us anymore. What I would like to see from Showcase threads is forums that are working hard to get a community together and a nice theme and number of forums suitable to the lifestage of the community.

* Leefish raises eyebrow at fake users online mod.

Some tips for faking the users on line:

Try not to have them showing in uid sequence, it seems odd to say the least that each user has a very similar date of birth/join date and on viewing the profile have no time registered online.

As my mother told me long ago "If you are going to tell a lie make it a good one". A motto to live by Toungue
Fake users, tabs, terrible theme, sub domain....
(2012-11-23, 09:45 AM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-23, 08:47 AM)Nobby Wrote: [ -> ]Also, have you got permission to copy/paste joystiq news?

I don't see a problem as long as it's cited?

I know, but I still believe you need to get permission. Good luck.
Pages: 1 2