MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how can i do merge ipb into mybb forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i made a new forum that has some topics and only one member on it. my question is, is there a way i can merge my ipb forum members and topics to the mybb forum while i still have the topics i created on mybb? example the site im working on has a bunch of sections and topics made. is there a way i can keep those sections, but then merge my ipb forum, with its topics and member to the wrestle-forums making it a huge forum
Yes it's possible. MyBB have merge system.

http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
so if i do that, and merge my ipb forums and members there into the same database and site my mybb will have the imported ipb forums, and members, and still the mybb forums and topics i made also

here is a better example this is my mybb forum

removed my link site isnt done yet

you see all those topics and forums?, if i import my ipb forums and members will i still have all those mybb forums or will it erase with the ipb forums and members
I would convert to smf then MyBB since the merge system only covers up to IPB 2.2 just by a guess i think your higher, the best thing to do would be convert to another software like smf then convert your smf database to MyBB. Hope it helped.
i get that but im asking if i merge my ipb forum till mybb forums will it still have the mybb forums and topics i made. or will it get replaced with ipb
(2012-11-24, 10:19 PM)kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]i get that but im asking if i merge my ipb forum till mybb forums will it still have the mybb forums and topics i made. or will it get replaced with ipb

Not sure I understood what you want to say. Anyway, your forums, posts, threads, users etc will be converted from Ipb to the Mybb forum. Which is the whole point of the convertion btw.
(2012-11-24, 10:19 PM)kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]i get that but im asking if i merge my ipb forum till mybb forums will it still have the mybb forums and topics i made. or will it get replaced with ipb

Yes all content will remain, this includes posts,threads,members,groups you will see it all when merging. The only things that will not remain is IPB plugins and settings stuff like that.
(2012-11-24, 10:22 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure I understood what you want to say. Anyway, your forums, posts, threads, users etc will be converted from Ipb to the Mybb forum. Which is the whole point of the convertion btw.

He is not asking that Smile
He asks does his posts from MyBB forum where he is merging his ipb, will still have posts threads users which he have now. Your posts, threads, users will be there. They will not be deleted when you merge it. To be sure make a backup so you can get them back if something get wrong.
yea thats what i mean. after i import ipb to mybb. will the mybb forums i made still be there
(2012-11-24, 10:26 PM)kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]yea thats what i mean. after i import ipb to mybb. will the mybb forums i made still be there

Yes. They will be there Smile
Pages: 1 2