MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread password plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is a plugin for vbulletin which allows thread author to protect it with a password so only admin,mod ,author and peoples who have password will be able to see topic.

[undefined=undefined]"This hack allow protect thread by password same way as forums.
Administrator and moderators can change password, can appoint thread masters.
Thread masters can only change password.

All thread content are protected by password : attachments,printable version, archive,
search results. Instant subscription letters will not contain message."
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=281649[/undefined]

Is there any type of plugin for mybb or someone can make it ?
I am willing to pay
I've dropped a PM in your inbox. Smile
Anyone can make this kind of plugin ? "Password protect individual threads"
or upgrade this plugin to mybb 1.6.8

http://community.mybb.com/thread-21331-p...#pid146020
(2012-11-29, 09:11 AM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can make this kind of plugin ? "Password protect individual threads"

Is this a paid request or a free one?
(2012-11-29, 12:35 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-29, 09:11 AM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can make this kind of plugin ? "Password protect individual threads"

Is this a paid request or a free one?

Paid, currently yaldaram is doing it for me.
Even though Yaldaram seems to have taken this on, I needed something to keep me occupied and decided to make one too, which you can have for free. Spend the money on a christmas present or something.

ThreadPass
Features
Protects password-protected threads in:
  • Printable version
  • Archive
  • RSS Syndication
  • Portal
  • Search results by post
  • Subscribed threads
  • Attachments linked to the thread
  • 'Who posted' popup

Adds 'view authenticated users' to top of thread, for thread owner or "super-usergroups" to view which users have authenticated themselves with this thread:

[Image: zzuB7.png]

Affixes icon to thread title in forum display, indicating protected threads (icon changeable via ACP):

[Image: 7LxfO.png]

Bugs and known issues
- Currently, attachments will still show up in the Portal and RSS Syndication feeds, which I haven't the patience to get rid of.
- If you refresh the syndication page, it duplicates certain posts.

If you spot any bugs, feel free to send me a PM on here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

[attachment=27906]

Attachment Contents:
./ThreadPass1.0.3
  ./images
  . threadpass_affix.png
  ./inc
  . ./plugins
  . . ./Beardy
  . . . ./threadpass
  . . . . functions.php
  . . . . mybb_functions.php
  . . . . plugin_hooks.php
  . . . globalfunctions.php
  . threadpass.php

Free never tasted so good. Happy holidays.
Unfortunately the OP doesn't have Paypal account nor he was able to pay using any other option so I think its better for him to use a free version. Smile
(2012-12-01, 02:05 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]Even though Yaldaram seems to have taken this on, I needed something to keep me occupied and decided to make one too, which you can have for free. Spend the money on a christmas present or something.

ThreadPass
Features
Protects password-protected threads in:
  • Printable version
  • Archive
  • RSS Syndication
  • Portal
  • Search results by post
  • Subscribed threads
  • Attachments linked to the thread
  • 'Who posted' popup

Adds 'view authenticated users' to top of thread, for thread owner or "super-usergroups" to view which users have authenticated themselves with this thread:

[Image: zzuB7.png]

Affixes icon to thread title in forum display, indicating protected threads (icon changeable via ACP):

[Image: 7LxfO.png]

Bugs and known issues
- Currently, attachments will still show up in the Portal and RSS Syndication feeds, which I haven't the patience to get rid of.
- If you refresh the syndication page, it duplicates certain posts.

If you spot any bugs, feel free to send me a PM on here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

Attachment Contents:
./ThreadPass1.0.3
  ./images
  . threadpass_affix.png
  ./inc
  . ./plugins
  . . ./Beardy
  . . . ./threadpass
  . . . . functions.php
  . . . . mybb_functions.php
  . . . . plugin_hooks.php
  . . . globalfunctions.php
  . threadpass.php

Free never tasted so good. Happy holidays.

That plugin works reliable ?

Wolfseye
(2013-01-02, 07:17 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]That plugin works reliable ?

Wolfseye

It should. I haven't touched it since I uploaded it and there hasn't been any bug reports from the people who seem to have downloaded it. Trial it on a test forum if you'd like.
Could you maybe submit your plugin to the Mods here officially ? Always feel a bit better if a Plugin here is at least looked at shortly by people that sure understand more about that stuff than me, and officially added as a plugin to the Database here. Wink

I am not that good with these things to say if a Plugin will cause a Problem or not, so I am always a bit more at ease if I see a plugin is added by the site owners.

Its just me I suppose. Wink

Wolfseye
Pages: 1 2 3