MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hi how to make this,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just like this board hosting a free mybb to others. http://icyboards.com/

How to create like that? Im planning to host to since i have a unlimited hosting. And i want to help others
I believe there's only one public MyBB multiforums script, but it's not being maintained (instead being sold) by the author.

All other sites, such as Icy Boards, are completely custom. You'd need to modify MyBB itself to handle multiple forums, providing you know how MyBB works internally.

The other option would be to hire someone to modify MyBB for you but that would most likely mean you would have to maintain the script yourself and keep it updated.
ok thanks sir
Download MyBB and learn PHP. It doesn't take long to do once you have the basic understanding of PHP and MySQL. I never use hosting "scripts", I write my own code to do the task that needs done.

I definitely do not recommend trying to run a host service if you don't know how the pieces work. Something like IcyBoards cannot get thrown up on a shared hosting plan. You will need a VPS or dedicated server, which would require an understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and a few other pieces.
(2012-11-26, 03:23 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Download MyBB and learn PHP. It doesn't take long to do once you have the basic understanding of PHP and MySQL. I never use hosting "scripts", I write my own code to do the task that needs done.

I definitely do not recommend trying to run a host service if you don't know how the pieces work. Something like IcyBoards cannot get thrown up on a shared hosting plan. You will need a VPS or dedicated server, which would require an understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and a few other pieces.

Your site is very similar to the MyBB Multiforum Mod actually.

Good service though.
(2012-11-28, 01:56 AM)Matt Fargo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-26, 03:23 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Download MyBB and learn PHP. It doesn't take long to do once you have the basic understanding of PHP and MySQL. I never use hosting "scripts", I write my own code to do the task that needs done.

Good service though.

I would assume so, considering both are doing the same thing. Allowing multiple forums to be hosted from the same site.
(2012-11-28, 04:44 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]

Good service though.

I would assume so, considering both are doing the same thing. Allowing multiple forums to be hosted from the same site.

I meant the looks and templates of your old site, it seemed to be copied from either source, they copied you or you copied them (using the script).
(2012-11-28, 05:04 AM)Matt Fargo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-28, 04:44 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]

Good service though.

I meant the looks and templates of your old site, it seemed to be copied from either source, they copied you or you copied them (using the script).

They do? I paid $30 to a winner of a design contest I held for that last template. I'm pretty sure he didn't steal it from anywhere else. I've never seen this "script" either, so I couldn't have copied it. I think your imagination is wondering, or you're just trolling.
To be fair the IcyBoards script and the Multiforums Script are different, I've used the multiscript before as a test didn't like it - IcyBoards is much much cleaner.
(2012-11-28, 12:57 PM)markwesley Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair the IcyBoards script and the Multiforums Script are different, I've used the multiscript before as a test didn't like it - IcyBoards is much much cleaner.

This isn't a debate if I'm using a multiforum "script" or not. I am not using any script. I modified the MyBB software package. There are no "scripts" involved.
Pages: 1 2