MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMod on a windows server...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to set up on a forum on a website hosted on a windows asp server. I couldnt CHmod the needed files through Smart ftp, so i went to the godaddy controll panel and didnt have very good luck there. Am i going to need to switch to a linux server? Or If anyone is familiar with the godaddy control panel and could walk me through the steps for creating file access through it i will be very apreciative =).
You have go through from Cpanel or Plesk Panel whichever you are using. And you can do it from file manager
Oktay Wrote:You have go through from Cpanel or Plesk Panel whichever you are using. And you can do it from file manager

Im using the default control pannel go daddy sends you to. I tried doing it under the directory management option, which seems like the onyl viable one. What i did was create a new directory, type in the file path, (/forum/inc/config.php), and then set the permissions. This didn't seem to do anything though. What am i doing wrong? Sad
You should not be required to chmod on a windows system.

[wiki]HowTo_Chmod#Changing_Permissions[/wiki]
I just changed to a linux server and im having no issues now.. Still, ty for the help =)
For future reference, you generally don't need to CHMOD anything on a Windows server.
I'm having some problems myself...I need to install a forum as well, but I HAVE to have permissions set to 777

We were unable to write your configuration information to the conf_global.php file. Please verify that this file has full read and write privileges.

I am on a Windows OS, and am the host admin...

wtfx0r help I hate Windows Big Grin

I use WS_FTP and since Windows is not unix it cannot CHMOD :O Toungue

and the permissions read 0.
"conf_global.php" is not a MyBB file.