MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MotoVlogging Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: h866a.png]

About: A new motorcycle vlogging community that is powered by MyBB forum software and started early November 2012. Covering a wide range of components that are relevant to moto-vlogging such as video capturing hardware, software for video editing, general production of a video, safety gear, tutorials for both beginning and expert riders. There is a large moto-vlogging community you can find on YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. My attempt is to reach out to other riders and bring them all together in a community dedicated towards that passion of both the sport and video blogging. Become part of the social community, learn and share ideas, a website devoted to motorcycle video bloggers from all over the world.

[Image: eoYAY.png]

URL: http://motovlog.net
I think this topic is quite good and can be very successful if you work hard. I am apart of a fairly large car modding community and I know how many of them do quite a lot of filming. I think the colour scheme could use some work, I find it harsh on the eyes. The greys could definitely be darker. The top navigation also needs some work, try to make it blend with the theme more.
(2012-11-26, 05:43 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]I think this topic is quite good and can be very successful if you work hard. I am apart of a fairly large car modding community and I know how many of them do quite a lot of filming. I think the colour scheme could use some work, I find it harsh on the eyes. The greys could definitely be darker. The top navigation also needs some work, try to make it blend with the theme more.

I took your advice and resolved the issues I think most would agree on. Thanks for your insight.

Previous design: http://i.imgur.com/3NHxK.png
Modified version: http://i.imgur.com/cfH81.png
That blue font still hurts my eyes.
(2012-11-26, 07:24 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]That blue font still hurts my eyes.

What about now?
  • Darkened link font color
  • Made some changes with index threads/posts boxes
http://i.imgur.com/yDFFZ.png
I actually love watching these videos on YouTube and I have a motorcycle myself but I never got into motovlogging. Mainly because I would be Snoxcatxx87 and whine about traffic violations the whole time. Maybe next season I'll get a GoPro and start...but meh. Good idea for a community and very small niche only problem is this is the wrong season to launch it in Big Grin. Looks nice though, good work.
(2012-11-26, 09:18 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I actually love watching these videos on YouTube and I have a motorcycle myself but I never got into motovlogging. Mainly because I would be Snoxcatxx87 and whine about traffic violations the whole time. Maybe next season I'll get a GoPro and start...but meh. Good idea for a community and very small niche only problem is this is the wrong season to launch it in Big Grin. Looks nice though, good work.

True... you'd be like "wrong lane, motherf*cker!" Snoxcatxx's junior son. I found myself being interested in moto-vlogging because I found myself always talking to myself, yelling at cagers, and feel the need to express my daily commuting encounters. I understand that as well, riding is a seasonally universal sport except winter - I plan on riding through it. I wanted to start it in Spring, but I'm leaving for the Army in mid-May 2013 so it'd be nice to get some recognition and motion going for MotoVlog.net now or never. Thanks for your response!
Blue is much better now. Nice amount of sections (though I disagree with the usage of sub-forums; but that's a personal thing), nice theme and a decent niche. The header sort of lets the theme down a bit though.
Great job Californian, good to see you have used the advice people have given you Smile
(2012-11-26, 10:58 PM)Californian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-26, 09:18 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I actually love watching these videos on YouTube and I have a motorcycle myself but I never got into motovlogging. Mainly because I would be Snoxcatxx87 and whine about traffic violations the whole time. Maybe next season I'll get a GoPro and start...but meh. Good idea for a community and very small niche only problem is this is the wrong season to launch it in Big Grin. Looks nice though, good work.

True... you'd be like "wrong lane, motherf*cker!" Snoxcatxx's junior son. I found myself being interested in moto-vlogging because I found myself always talking to myself, yelling at cagers, and feel the need to express my daily commuting encounters. I understand that as well, riding is a seasonally universal sport except winter - I plan on riding through it. I wanted to start it in Spring, but I'm leaving for the Army in mid-May 2013 so it'd be nice to get some recognition and motion going for MotoVlog.net now or never. Thanks for your response!

I'm actually probably the same age/or older then snowcat lol.
Pages: 1 2