MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Features for Theme Devs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Export Images as .XML
This is a feature I love in IPB, and would be great to see it in 2.0. Basically means you don't have to upload hundreds of images, you just have to import the one .XML file. (Pretty sure this just involves converting the images to data URIs and storing the code in the XML)

Tabbed Theme Editor
Self explanatory, and also from IPB. It really decreases development time because you aren't accidentally closing browser tabs and getting lost in them. xD

View Forum as -insert any usergroup here-
This would help to view features in guest view and regular user view without switching between test accounts and logging in/out.

Variable list in editor
Would be really nice to have a dropdown or something under the editor that lists possible variables you can use in the current template, and maybe some info on them if you click on one.

And of course other things I'm sure have been suggested already:
- Template conditionals
- A template to set custom variables
- Ability to create and use custom templates without a plugin
- Ability to use variables in CSS
Definitely agreed on these personally. I love the tabbed interface especially - it makes life a lot easier.
(2012-11-26, 12:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely agreed on these personally. I love the tabbed interface especially - it makes life a lot easier.

I think we have a volunteer to code it then Rolleyes
Ahh, they never learn. Shy
I can do. This is a 2.0 suggestion though so I have plenty of time till we get to that point hopefully...
Quote:View Forum as -insert any usergroup here-
This would help to view features in guest view and regular user view without switching between test accounts and logging in/out.

WOOHOO! Another plugin challenge, thanks!

OT: Agree with them all. Just no sure about the "Export Images as .XML" but that is me.
Well, Jammer already made one that works, just would like to see it core in 2.0. xD

But seems like 1 file instead of 500 would be an easy preference, lol.
May you please link me to it?
As a mybb themer myself I have to say that each of your points has crossed my mind at least once.

The tabbed theme editor and view forum as guest in particular would really help me out.

Good suggestions.
Themes, and plugins, should be quick and easy to create, unlike vBulletin. It is my opinion that the more plugins and themes, the more user involvement and the more users. Make it easy for developers. I hope that MyBB continues to be the easiest forum software to skin.
Pages: 1 2