MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Dev] FLEX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So FLEX isn't going to be just any other theme, first off. I have really high hopes for what will be done with this theme, and what it will help others to realize they can do themselves. FLEX comes from flexible, which was brought on by my plans to make this theme FULLY responsive (Meaning every page in it). I don't know how realistic that is, but I'll be sure to give it my best shot.

This theme will also bring a whole new level of control to people who use it. Lots of aspects can be changed at a very simple level.

The downside (If you see it that way) is you'll be required to have certain plugins installed when using the theme to get the best use out of it. The plugins will ultimately help your control over the theme, as well as the functionality of your board.

As far as the "look" of the theme, it's not really my main concern. My first objective for this is to make something extremely simple and usable for the user, while the second is to make it look nice.

Any and all feedback/help would be great. I'm even willing to bring people onto the project so please express your interest if you have something you can offer. Smile

Again, I have high hopes for the theme, but as I'm doing it free I can only work on it in my free time, please no "When will this be released".

So here's the theme, feel free to hate on it. Big Grin

http://i2.minus.com/iCMSSzufrZszW.png
Which plugins are going to be compatible with this skin? Or which plugins do you have in mind? I really like the colors and where the look is going.
Looks good so far. The drop shadow on the search bar looks weird though because of how it cuts off at the actual button.
(2012-11-26, 01:31 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Which plugins are going to be compatible with this skin? Or which plugins do you have in mind? I really like the colors and where the look is going.

So far Template Conditionals and MyAlerts are for sure, maybe MyNetwork, and maybe a simple custom plugin to control things like menu links.

(2012-11-26, 01:32 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good so far. The drop shadow on the search bar looks weird though because of how it cuts off at the actual button.

Thanks, I'll work on it for sure. It's only morning here so I'll probably update a couple times today.
Very nice so far Eric. Look forward to seeing this grow.
Nice job man, really cool looking theme and good luck on making it responsive Smile
Thanks a bunch guys. Big Grin Here's an update on the index page, I'll be moving on to postbit next.

http://i2.minus.com/i4ODkYE9AvMQe.png
Looks pretty good. Not a fan of the collapse image though. It really doesn't fit with the rest of the skin.
Looks really nice and elegant Eric. I would shrink the avatar's dimensions just to let it be aligned with the rest of the userbar, but this is only a suggestion Smile
The color of collapse button is different from rest of the theme. Its quite big too. thead is quite big in height. Same with the breadcrumb.

Overall looks good. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6