MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Menu bar width
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
dude you need to edit this code in you layout.css file
look for this :
.container_24 {
max-width: 980px;
}

change it to
this :

.container_24 {
max-width: 94%;

this should fix it Smile

but make sure you have a copy of backup and the layout.css is not same for both website as well your forum one .

regards
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that will change the width of the website or at least something on the website? All I want to do is change the width of the menubar on the board to match the width of the menubar on the website.
If you have same css file for both forum as well as the website it will.
I suggest you to copy the code into your global.css of mybb theme and then rename it to another name like container_241 and then edit the template html to change the attribute.
if you didnt get what i say , here is how,

copy and paste into global.css at bottom

.container_241 {
max-width: 980px;
}

then navigate to header template and change the attribute where you find
<div class="container_24"> into <div class="container_241">

this should fix it Smile
Thanks, after a bit of trial and error with the max width of container 241 I have finally got the menubars to match up. I also came across why it didn't go as far to the right as the menubar on the site which was due to the fact it was missing a menu option Big Grin, whoops!

Thanks for your help but unfortunately this has created a new problem, the 'shop' option on the menubar on the board has now dropped to a new line, how can I put that back to be on the same line?

Thanks
change grid_24 in your forum.
Add this width at bottom of your forum global.css:
grid_24 {
width: 100%;
}
this will help you.
With the addition of a full stop at the beginning this has worked great, thanks very much for your help Smile.

Whilst I'm here I'm wondering if I can get help with a further problem, currently all the menu options are separated by a vertical line and I was wondering how I could go about adding another vertical line to the right of the 'shop' menu option on both the board and the website.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2