MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Activity Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently opened a forum using the mybb platform and i already installed some of the mods that the community has to offer. However, even though there are plenty of mods and plugins available i was looking for a specific plugin that was available on vbullentin but i wasn't able to find on this platform.

The plugin that I was looking for is an activity bar or activity percentage that would display how active each user on the forum is. This bar/percentage would be displayed on the postbit under the users name or avatar.

So, because unfortunately such a plugin seems to not exist and because i don't have any understanding of php i would like to ask someone more php knowledgeable if they could build this plugin and i would greatly appreciate it. In fact, as i was searching for this plugin I stumbled across a lot of other people that would like such a plugin and so I think you would make everyone a great favor if someone could come up with this plugin.

P.S.: if you need any more specific info about my request please feel free to post a reply and I would get back to you as soon as I can

Thanks
How is activity measured as a percentage?
well at first i thought it should be the amount of hours an user has been registered on the forum divided by the number of hours online since registration like so:

let's call the user - USER X

so USER X has been registered for 30 days which is equal to 720 hours

and USER X has spend a total of 15 hours online on the forum since his registration

the final activity percentage will be:

720 / 15 = 48 which would be 48% activity

i know this might not be the best way to do it but it's the easiest way i can think of right now. however, if anyone can come up with a better way please do mention Smile
I suppose the following is kind of what you are looking for:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/hp-mp-exp-stats
(2012-11-27, 06:28 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose the following is kind of what you are looking for:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/hp-mp-exp-stats

yes that sounds like what i want but unfortunately it is really old and not updated and it doesn't work on the newer mybb versions
It works though. I just made a couple of tiny edits and it shows on postbit no problems.

It has no DB queries either. Download that plugin from the mods site (read the readme for the extra css) and replace the inc/plugins file with the attached
(2012-11-27, 02:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It works though. I just made a couple of tiny edits and it shows on postbit no problems.

It has no DB queries either. Download that plugin from the mods site (read the readme for the extra css) and replace the inc/plugins file with the attached

it does work now thanks..if you don't mind can you please tell me how exactly those percentages are calculated though if you can read the code?

that would be much appreciated thanks.
bump..does anyone know?

thank you
Quote:HP is calculated by your Posts Per Day

MP is calculated by your activity per day.

EXP is used to raise your level.
(2012-11-28, 10:14 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:HP is calculated by your Posts Per Day

MP is calculated by your activity per day.

EXP is used to raise your level.

lol thanks but i can read too.

how exactly is activity per day calculated?

how is exp calculated?

because i installed the plugin and it is very random..i don't know how i am supposed to read what it's saying as it jumped from 1/5 HP to 25/25 HP after one post..what does that mean?

nvm i don't need to know anymore...the point is i only need one bar and i've removed the other 2 and only kept the exp bar..now..i figured almost everything except one thing..

first of all here make sure to check the attachment to see what i have right now. then, the only thing that must be changed is this line:

$activity = round (($daysreg * 24) / 5, 1);

the thing is that i don't want it to be divided by "5". i want it to be divided by the user's time spent online since his registration. so for example he has been registered for 10 days but only spent 2 hours on forums:

$activity = round ((10 * 24) / 2, 1)

can anyone please help me figure out how to get the user's time spent online in there?

thanks

help?