MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Homepage design help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, newbie here! I'm trying to setup an online forum. MyBB seems the best solution, I've installed it, it's quite simple to get up and running but now that I want to customize it, I've hit a wall and need some help from seasoned vets on the subject please.

I would like people that hit my site, straight off the start page to be in the General discussion forum and all the threads would be listed there.
As an example www.lunaticoutpost.com which is also built using MyBB.

How do I accomplish that?
Is a page like that just running off MyBB software or do I need to create a webpage and use an I-Frame?
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, I'm looking around for the answer but it keeps eluding me...

Thanks in advance.
First: Try this plugin http://community.mybb.com/thread-129426-...#pid938403

Second: add to .htacceess file
DirectoryIndex home.php index.php
Thanks tamnguyen, I've installed the plugin by copying the files in the INC folder on the server, also added DirectoryIndex home.php index.php in the htaccess file, did the setting as per the screenshots I saw in the thread you had fwd'd. No change in display on my site...

Please look at www.lafindestemps.ca
vs www.lunaticoutpost.com

Not working for me, I must have missed something!

ANy ideas?

I would like to have only one forum (topic) and all the threads displayed on start page.

Thanks
This is a custom page!
You can design the layout like it:
Home > Template Sets > Global Templates > Edit Template: home
Excellent, ok thanks.
One question, how do I get the Forum I want to display on the home page? I-Frame?
thx
Home > Board Settings > MyBB Home (Pro Portal) > Forum ID to pull announcements from
Add id forum want to show in textarea!
(2012-11-27, 03:44 PM)tamnguyen949 Wrote: [ -> ]Home > Board Settings > MyBB Home (Pro Portal) > Forum ID to pull announcements from
Add id forum want to show in textarea!

Thanks very much for your help. I'm going to hit it and see what gives.

Have a good one.

Thanks again

This isn't working for me... Sad
Is there a template or plugin that works for doing this? Anyone, por favor?
Mustn't be so difficult as there are tons of forums out there using this configuration...

ex: www.godlikeproductions.com