MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I backed up by database with phpmyadmin to move to a new host, and when I moved to the new host, I uploaded the database, and moved the forum files that were in my old host over to my new one. After that, I checked my forum to see if it was functioning, and I found this error http://www.pokeuniverse.dx-t.net/forums/ I am using myBB version 1.2.0
. Please tell me what's the problem so I can rectify it.
Thanks for your support
What version of mySQL is your new host using?
mySQL version 4.1.21
=/

You completly forgot about me. Sad
I doubt he's forgotten about you! Give him some time!
I have a life outside of this. And anyways your problem took some time to look over. I needed to see why the myBB errors were not being generated by the script.

Can I safely assume at this point that:

1. The config file was edited to the proper values of the new host.
2. The settings file was updated to proper values of the new host.
Can I send you both the config and setings file so you can configure them to meet the server standards?
I would think that if your config file was wrong that mybb couldn't even access your database, let alone return a mysql error about something being called from your db_mysql.php file. My guess is that everything in your database didn't get restored (or maybe the versions aren't the same and/or compatible), but I'm not that familiar with mysql. Hopefully, Snakeyes will come on soon...or one of the staff here at mybb might stumble across this thread and be willing to take a look! I'm kind of surprised that no one has yet!! Big Grin

I tried looking in the wiki for changing hosts but couldn't find anything. Does anyone else have any ideas to help Faltzer??

I did do a search here and found this thread and advice from DennisTT though:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...9#pid72979
Faltzer, a PM has been sent your way to try and expedite this situation so that I can help you solve your problem quicker.
Thanks for the help guys, I saw your PM now, and replied. Anyways, sorry for rushing you, though it seems that we aren't on at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 3