MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB Hacked.. Need Quick Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-11-30, 08:35 PM)__a-d-m-i-n___ Wrote: [ -> ]never again download softwares only use paid softwares .

dont save pass on firefox.
always enter it manually
dont enter info your friends know about make them harder.

I disagree with your statement about only using paid software. I use Notepad++ or Eclipse (or even NetBeans) for code editing... But they're not malware. FileZilla is not malware.
Since Oracle's database system costs money, is MySQL less secure? No.

However, I agree with not saving passwords.
I think you are infected, and you said its 3 months old forum and you had only 3-5 plugins. well as i know there is some privet exploits. but i don't think a professional hacker did this to you coz there so many big boards. so you better scan your pc/laptop as pavemen said Smile
Thanks Kitty Smile
(2012-12-13, 05:35 AM)_Kitty_ Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are infected, and you said its 3 months old forum and you had only 3-5 plugins. well as i know there is some privet exploits. but i don't think a professional hacker did this to you coz there so many big boards. so you better scan your pc/laptop as pavemen said Smile

That is an ignorant reply. There are automated bots that fingerprint MyBB installations (especially if you haven't disabled version display) and automatically run known exploits. Nobody needs to have an active intention of hacking the OP's forum. The simple fact that it runs MyBB, makes it vulnerable to automated attacks that will simply redirect to malware sites.
If you are sure your plugins aren't vulnerable and you aren't infected, you should check to see if your host has symlink enabled or if directory traversal is possible. Oftentimes the security of a site is compromised due to poor practices of the hosts. A full plugin list would be helpful.
Pages: 1 2