MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a MyBB Database Cleaner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any tools that can be used to remove everything from the database apart from Users, PM's, Polls, Threads, Forums, Posts etc.

I have upgraded the forum a few times now and there is a lot of left over tables from old plugins or poorly written ones that didn't get fully removed when uninstalled. These leftovers are starting to break the forum and send out more SQL Queries then needed.

I am thinking about using SFM to covert the database to that, then covert the SFM database back to MyBB. I am hoping this will get rid of all the junk from the database but will keep the core data of the forum.

Ideally I am hoping not to do this. I am hoping there is a simpler way for me to get back to clean database that only has the bare escentuals.
you can create a new MyBB database and then use the Merge System to pull the older data over and only what content is default. The Merge System work on MyBB as well.

The only issue with the Merge System is that you UIDs, PID, TID, FIDs, etc all cahnges, so you can end up with a lot of broken links (internal and external)
You can do it manually.
Go to your phpMyAdmin, go to your database to list all tables. After that select tables which you want, and down you will see option "With selected" find and check option "Empty". That will TRUNCATE all your tables. TRUNCATE - that is deleting data inside of table but not a table.
yes, that will clear out tables, but you need to be sure you dont clear out required or default content as well. be sure you dont actually need it.

most any "log" table can be cleared safely and the two "sessions" tables can be cleared (it would just require some users to log back in)
Other settings and all can be pruned via settings option in configuration. And non-default MyBB tables can just be dropped.
@pavemen you are awsome. Still running the Merge System but its looking good.

This is exactly the tool I wanted. If all goes well I will mark your post as the best anwser.

#EDIT
Yep, exactly what you said will happen, happened. The tid's are all messed upped. Most of the links don't work anymore Sad
"mutters to self about sticking with 1.6.4"
When i reinstall can i clean all plugin,mod,modifications trace?

Only keep users,threads,posts...etc

sry for my english.