MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would I go about making a theme? I thought I could just make a copy of the master mybb theme and then modify it, but I'm not exactly sure what to do or what the CDATA[...] things meant. I guess I could just copy it and edit it through the theme edit thing in the admin CP, but I also don't know how to be able to use my own images. Any help?
First try reading the [Wiki: Admin_CP_Themes] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) and see if that helps you any.
I'm sorry, I still don't get it. What do I do if I for example want to change the "new posts" forum marker?

I understand that to change colors and that type of thing you can just do it from the theme editor but how to do you specify certain images to take the place of other default ones?
There's two ways.

One: If you only have one theme, then you could just overwrite the current images located in the images folder, besure they have the same name.

Two: you could create a folder within the images folder and then change the images location in the Theme Editor of your theme. You'd then have to re-do every image in MyBB.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:There's two ways.

One: If you only have one theme, then you could just overwrite the current images located in the images folder, besure they have the same name.

Two: you could create a folder within the images folder and then change the images location in the Theme Editor of your theme. You'd then have to re-do every image in MyBB.
Or upload them all again and only overwrite the ones you have to change.
Hmm, ok, so I could copy the folder with the images from the main theme, and overwrite the ones I want to change. Then I could create a new theme by going to "new theme", selecting the mybb_theme.xml file (to create a copy of it), and then edit the colors, borders, etc. in the theme editor.

Is that right?