MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Work in Progress - First MyBB Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided to have a go at designing my first MyBB theme. What you're currently looking at is just the template in photoshop, other than coming up with inspiration and awesome ideas id consider it the easy part. I have no previous coding experience but im looking forward to giving it ago, yes it will more than likely take me a long time really depends on how long it takes me to grasp each coding language.

Its not the complete theme just yet but i wanted to get some feedback on what i currently have done and whether or not its worth continuing or should i scrap it.

[Image: 1vI87.png]

Look forward to your responses.
Benzh
Look great, Benzh. I'd love the uppercase Smile
If this is really your first theme, you've done a fantastic job! Really well done (it also helps you've used my favourite colour combination :p). Personally I would lose the uppercase text, apart from maybe on the menu, it seems to look good there.
Nice! Clean! Professional looking!
Something about it that isn't quite right, can't put my finger on it.
Do you maybe need some contrast (however subtle) between the overall container background color and the table cell background color?
Light fonts. Light fonts everywhere. You may want to add more diversity in the choice of typefaces you use; this will provide distinction and add emphases to areas that need it (such as headers and links).

Also, add more depth. The lack of background on the table elements makes it seem like scaffolding, and gives the impression that the site contains entirely too much whitespace.

I understand this is simply a draft, but I give my criticisms on the basis of what I can see and not what I'm expected to ignore.