MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email specified as invalid for all registration attempts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum admin world and have just set up the forum in question on my servers, although I do moderate a couple of other forums.

Your installation process was a dream compared to some others I have tried but one problem I have encountered that I can't seem to solve is the following:

The board is up and all admin functions are working inclusing the acceptance of that email address for the setup process.

I then tried to register an account and no matter what format i try i get and error saying the email address is invalid. I then tried to manually setup a user account through the admin cp and it gives me the same error.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Many Thanks.

the site is at www.thehellrazors.za.net/forums
One bump before everyone goes to bed, I have tried changing permissions back to 66 just as a test to see if it works and it didn't, server is running php 4.3.x if that means anything.
Try to upload the site files again. You may have a corrupted file. Also I know that shutting off gzip has for some removed errors.

I tried to register at your site too...no good.

Can you give us a phpinfo() output?
Hi,

I tried replacing the files, in doing this I think I overwrote too much and messed up the installation. No worries though, I dumped the database, cleared the folder, re uploaded everything and ran the installation again.

Boom, everything installed correctly first time, except .... it still says all registration emails are invalid still Sad

I will try find the phpinfo() output but are there any other ideas?
How do I get the phpinfo () output? and does nayone have anymore ideas?
Go into your Admin-CP and click on the php version shown in the information box in the right frame.
MyBB version: 1.2.1 PHP version: 4.3.11
DB version: MySQL 3.23.58

As far as I know all of those are above the requirement.

Are there any issues with them?

Tx
Ok, last attempt before I decide on another board to use, does anyone have any ideas for me or at least some feedback on things I could try?
Well, that's weird, are you sure it was a fresh copy downloaded from mybb's site?

In inc/datahandlers/user.php, try some debugging, find:

// Check if this is a proper email address.
		if(validate_email_format($user['email']) === false)
		{
			$this->set_error('invalid_email_format');
			return false;
		}

Replace with:
		// Check if this is a proper email address.
		if(!validate_email_format($user['email']))
		{
			$this->set_error('invalid_email_format');
                        echo "Invalid format email: {$user['email']} ...!";
			return false;
		}

Then try it again and let me know what message do you get there.
Hi, I tried the above and after double checking that the file had updated I still get the folloing being posted re the wrong e-mail address:

"The email address you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid email address."

It may be that the user.php file hasn't updated but I have reopened it and the changes are still there.
Pages: 1 2