MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "like" a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't know if such a feature already exists somewhere, but it would be good to be able to "like" a post. Not so much a Facebook "like" but simply a way of marking a post to say that you appreciate its content.
I have seen it around, but mostly on blogs' comments
Even a +1 button with a count next to it, like Google plus has...
There's lots of plugins that can do this, with the best being MyNetwork Post Rep:

http://resources.xekko.co.uk/mynetwork/
That's right, but internal to the system as to avoid security issues and avoid leaving anybody out (for one, I am not on G+ Smile )

(2012-11-30, 05:24 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]There's lots of plugins that can do this, with the best being MyNetwork Post Rep:

http://resources.xekko.co.uk/mynetwork/

Thanks for that. I didn't know them at all...
This is internal to MyBB, and it's developed by the lead developer of MyBB. Seems good enough to me.

If you mean something like "Like on Facebook, Like on G+", that's something different, and you can implement it yourself easily.
(2012-11-30, 05:31 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]This is internal to MyBB, and it's developed by the lead developer of MyBB. Seems good enough to me.
That was going to be my next wquestion... I wonder why these plugins are not listed among the "official" ones.
(2012-11-30, 05:31 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean something like "Like on Facebook, Like on G+", that's something different, and you can implement it yourself easily.

I already have something similar, but it is not used much, if at all. The only useful FB integration is the one that allows you to login using your credential, but this is another matter.
It's part of a separate, personal project of Tomm.
I've not used Tomm's one but isn't it just a post-rep system which adds to your reputation when a post gets "liked" instead of being a separate counter? I have no idea as I don't use it, but yeah.
Yes. It's fairly simple. But its execution is great.
Yeah, I'd prefer a separate like system. Reputation is a different entity imo. I know there's a thanks/like system around somewhere, but we just made our own simple one in the end. I've not used the thanks/like one provided for free so I can't critique that.

I also think it should be built in, it's a great community feature.

inb4 its not facebook.
Pages: 1 2 3