MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: want to design themes on my desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best way to run an instance (or two, or three) of MyBB on my desktop PC with a local MySQL database?

I want to do this for theme development. Is there any practical way to do it all on my own local machine?
Yes. If you wnt to avoid all the virtual server setups and want it one click go, just install xampp.
Its easiest and takes only a minute to start your own work.
(2012-12-01, 04:11 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. If you wnt to avoid all the virtual server setups and want it one click go, just install xampp.
Its easiest and takes only a minute to start your own work.

thanks

downloading now
If you use Skype, expect an error with running it and Xampp at the same time. You can fix this in your Skype port forwarding settings.
I use Skype and xampp simultaneously without any custom port settings in 3 systems for days.
In general, I've had better luck installing PHP/MySQL/SQL admin interface separately (rather than a package such as XAMPP). But if XAMPP works, there's no real difference.
(2012-12-01, 05:36 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I use Skype and xampp simultaneously without any custom port settings in 3 systems for days.

Then you've changed something somewhere. Its noted on the XAMPP website that you'll get an error if you run them simultaneously without changing settings somewhere. I had this same issue earlier when I first installed it.
XAMPP server's port 80 apache server interferes with Windows IIS Worker service. Therefore, I use Wampserver 2.2.