MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you use photoshop to make theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guy'z. I wanna ask that do you use photoshop to make new theme? (I mean do you use ps to make project or what? No for icons but for theme.)
No, I just start the coding straight away. Smile
Sometimes i first make a concept in photoshop so i have some vision how theme will look, and after that i code it Smile
I draw the layout in pencil and then do the html and then colour it in with css Big Grin
Personally I start to draw my idea on a piece of paper and then I start to build the code with Chrome Developer Console tool.
I always make mockups of my themes down to the finest detail before coding them.
(2012-12-02, 02:25 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]I always make mockups of my themes down to the finest detail before coding them.

I normally do this as well, it's good practice.
(2012-12-02, 03:40 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 02:25 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]I always make mockups of my themes down to the finest detail before coding them.

I normally do this as well, it's good practice.

Same here, Mike once told me that a sloppy PSD makes for a sloppy finished product.
Quality designers always create mockups first. You may design the mockup either in Photoshop/Corel or draw using the pencil, but PSD mockups are usually feasible in coding the template.
Sometimes I make mockups, sometimes I go with my gut.
Pages: 1 2 3