MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Accidentally Dropped and No Backups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I try to browse in my site a while ago, I saw that my site was experiencing an error that it is unable to connect to the database. When, I logged in into the cpanel, the database was dropped, is there any way to restore the database which has no back ups??
Well if you don't have the database, it's gone for good. You might want to try contacting your host and seeing if they have any backups as a last resort.
Okay. I'll contact them. Thanks! Smile
(2012-12-02, 10:15 PM)John Dave B. Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to browse in my site a while ago, I saw that my site was experiencing an error that it is unable to connect to the database. When, I logged in into the cpanel, the database was dropped, is there any way to restore the database which has no back ups??

Databases can not be truncated just like that, without a little "help". Ask your host to investigate the issue as well and see what happened.

P.s. That is why it is very important to always make regular backups of the db.
(2012-12-03, 08:29 PM)borbole Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-02, 10:15 PM)John Dave B. Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to browse in my site a while ago, I saw that my site was experiencing an error that it is unable to connect to the database. When, I logged in into the cpanel, the database was dropped, is there any way to restore the database which has no back ups??

Databases can not be truncated just like that, without a little "help". Ask your host to investigate the issue as well and see what happened.

P.s. That is why it is very important to always make regular backups of the db.

Truncating is not the same thing as dropping. If you didn't do it, it sounds like somebody gained access to your account.
Okay! Got contact to my host. They say they'll restore it if I pay $50! My God!
(2012-12-05, 12:23 PM)John Dave B. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay! Got contact to my host. They say they'll restore it if I pay $50! My God!

Nothing like a little extortion to keep those customers happy.

Who is this host? Dodgy
(2012-12-05, 12:23 PM)John Dave B. Wrote: [ -> ]Okay! Got contact to my host. They say they'll restore it if I pay $50! My God!

Often going through a full server backup, pulling your files, then restoring can take a fair amount of time. Pay the $50 imho and start doing your own regular backups. Take it as a cheap lesson imho.
(2012-12-05, 03:06 PM)Roger R Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing like a little extortion to keep those customers happy.

Who is this host? Dodgy
It is the FatCow. Smile
(2012-12-05, 09:54 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

Often going through a full server backup, pulling your files, then restoring can take a fair amount of time. Pay the $50 imho and start doing your own regular backups. Take it as a cheap lesson imho.
Awtz. hehe I agree but do you think it is a little bit expensive?
Yes, it's expensive, but they have to pay their supporters and backup hardware somehow. You're lucky they have backups at all, as usually, it's the customers responsibility to make backups of their data.

On the other hand if your hard drive fails, a data rescue company may ask for something in the >$1000 range to get your data back from the failed drive.

Backups are worth gold. If you don't have backups, your data wasn't important.
Pages: 1 2