MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove post-based usertitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a bit of a small issue with my forums. Post-based usertitles (like "Newbie" or "Hero Poster") were redundant so I removed them; however, it required that at least one existed (which I made "Poster). As you can see here, "Poster" appears below the name. I want to know what to edit to remove that so only the rank image appears ("Owner" or "Admin").
go to the usergroups and enter a default title

Default User Title
If the user has nothing entered in their custom user title field, the user title entered here will be displayed. If you leave this option blank, users will have their title and stars taken from the User Titles configuration.

Oh wait. Hmm. one must be left. Does it say how many posts they have to have? Zero?
You could always make it so that it is a cusom css class that sets to display none
This would be sort of so:

in the postbit

<span class="bah_{$post['usertitle']}">{$post['usertitle']}</span>

Say the user title is hide then the class in global css is

.bah_hide {display:none;
}
nevermind, I found the solution.

I edited postbit and posbit_classic and removed the following line:

{$post['usertitle']}<br />
Oh I see, I thought you wanted them for something - don't they appear on profile as well? Showteam too (I think)
That removes all usertitles – if you'd said that in the original post, anyone could have pointed you to the correct answer.