MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too many Queries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You should worry about your index and show thread pages before any other, those are the pages supposed to get the most visits of all. If you use Google SEO and use plugins that build many links (profile plugins often do this, i.e: Profile Comments) then probably the best for you is to turn Google SEO lazy mode on (has its flaws unfortunately).

Just use the plugins you really need, use plugins by trusted plugin developers (if you are no sure yourself), and try to block unnecessary pages to guest (i.e: profiles) to waste no resources.
(2012-12-03, 07:30 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You should worry about your index and show thread pages before any other, those are the pages supposed to get the most visits of all. If you use Google SEO and use plugins that build many links (profile plugins often do this, i.e: Profile Comments) then probably the best for you is to turn Google SEO lazy mode on (has its flaws unfortunately).

Just use the plugins you really need, use plugins by trusted plugin developers (if you are no sure yourself), and try to block unnecessary pages to guest (i.e: profiles) to waste no resources.

I try to install google seo and i get this; http://community.mybb.com/thread-130370.html
(2012-12-03, 07:30 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You should worry about your index and show thread pages before any other, those are the pages supposed to get the most visits of all. If you use Google SEO and use plugins that build many links (profile plugins often do this, i.e: Profile Comments) then probably the best for you is to turn Google SEO lazy mode on (has its flaws unfortunately).
What flaws are we talking about?
Quote:In Lazy Mode, Google SEO returns a place holder instead of the
SEO URL. Just before the page is sent to the user, it will then
proceed to replace all placeholders with the SEO URL. This way,
all URLs that are on the page can be handled in a single query.

The downside of Lazy Mode is that there's no guarantee that
a requested URL will be used in the output. It might just as
well become part of some notification mail or used for other
purposes. Since this is most likely to happen during POST
requests, Lazy Mode will only work for GET requests and
fall back to Full Mode for POST requests.

If you feel that Google SEO uses too many queries on your board,
or if your board is just very large and active, or if your
database just happens to be very slow, Lazy Mode might
be for you. Otherwise stick to Full Mode as it is much more
reliable.

Also, if you limit the amount of queries by page, not all placeholders might get changed. As far as I had tested.
(2012-12-03, 06:20 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have 39 queries on my plugins page, is that to many?

In ACP Plugins

It doesn't matter at all how many queries you have anywhere in the ACP, as that is used rarely and only by board admins.

Reducing amount of queries is most important for the pages that are hit most often, like the index page, or portal page if you use the portal. Also showthread as threads are being read all the time.

(2012-12-03, 08:40 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if you limit the amount of queries by page, not all placeholders might get changed. As far as I had tested.

Hm, in Lazy Mode you shouldn't be hitting the limit, unless you set it too damn low. Or you enabled other query intensive options like producing SEO URLs for quote links. A quote tag unfortunately only provides a pid= number so to figure out the URL we have to figure out the tid first and that eats a query. Far better to just let Redirect take care of those.

Placeholders are still valid URLs (which will be redirected) so it's not the end of the world if they appear - it just doesn't look particularly nice, as they're URLs with random string appendage.

Google SEO caches URLs for index/portal, so if you have plugins producing links there, it should not be a problem.
(2012-12-03, 08:40 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In Lazy Mode, Google SEO returns a place holder instead of the
SEO URL. Just before the page is sent to the user, it will then
proceed to replace all placeholders with the SEO URL. This way,
all URLs that are on the page can be handled in a single query.

The downside of Lazy Mode is that there's no guarantee that
a requested URL will be used in the output. It might just as
well become part of some notification mail or used for other
purposes. Since this is most likely to happen during POST
requests, Lazy Mode will only work for GET requests and
fall back to Full Mode for POST requests.

If you feel that Google SEO uses too many queries on your board,
or if your board is just very large and active, or if your
database just happens to be very slow, Lazy Mode might
be for you. Otherwise stick to Full Mode as it is much more
reliable.

Also, if you limit the amount of queries by page, not all placeholders might get changed. As far as I had tested.

How would I limit the amount of queries by page.

(2012-12-03, 11:46 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-03, 06:20 AM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Well I have 39 queries on my plugins page, is that to many?

In ACP Plugins

It doesn't matter at all how many queries you have anywhere in the ACP, as that is used rarely and only by board admins.

Reducing amount of queries is most important for the pages that are hit most often, like the index page, or portal page if you use the portal. Also showthread as threads are being read all the time.

(2012-12-03, 08:40 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if you limit the amount of queries by page, not all placeholders might get changed. As far as I had tested.

Hm, in Lazy Mode you shouldn't be hitting the limit, unless you set it too damn low. Or you enabled other query intensive options like producing SEO URLs for quote links. A quote tag unfortunately only provides a pid= number so to figure out the URL we have to figure out the tid first and that eats a query. Far better to just let Redirect take care of those.

Placeholders are still valid URLs (which will be redirected) so it's not the end of the world if they appear - it just doesn't look particularly nice, as they're URLs with random string appendage.

Google SEO caches URLs for index/portal, so if you have plugins producing links there, it should not be a problem.

ok
Pages: 1 2