MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User info in posts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be great to have the users location displayed in the post info under the avatar.
You wouldn't need a plugin for this, it can be done through the templates.

Open the postbit_auth_user template, inside the Postbit template set.

Add to the end of the template:

<br />Location: {$post['fid1']}

This should work, assuming you haven't changed the custom user fields inside the ACP. If you have, just replace the '1' in the snippet above to whichever ID is connected to your location field (which can be found in ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields).

http://kampoeng.us/
(2012-12-09, 04:36 PM)SunDi3yansyah Wrote: [ -> ]You wouldn't need a plugin for this, it can be done through the templates.

Open the postbit_auth_user template, inside the Postbit template set.

Add to the end of the template:

<br />Location: {$post['fid1']}

This should work, assuming you haven't changed the custom user fields inside the ACP. If you have, just replace the '1' in the snippet above to whichever ID is connected to your location field (which can be found in ACP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields).

I'm pretty sure he already knows that, considering you copied my entire reply from his earlier thread that he has already seen and replied to.

He's suggesting it should be a built-in feature for MyBB 2.0.

Also, slightly off-topic, does this thread really have around 240,000 views or is that some miscalculation?
(2012-12-09, 04:49 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, slightly off-topic, does this thread really have around 240,000 views or is that some miscalculation?

Search engine bots.
Damn views man.
(2012-12-09, 04:49 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, slightly off-topic, does this thread really have around 240,000 views or is that some miscalculation?

We get a tonne of traffic from sites such as Twitter. All new threads are tweeted by a few people (all unofficially).
Beardy Wrote:I'm pretty sure he already knows that, considering you copied my entire reply from his earlier thread that he has already seen and replied to.

He's suggesting it should be a built-in feature for MyBB 2.0.

sorry if I copy your answers from that thread, because people are in desperate need of help