MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help installing to Byethost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I am at wits end. I have a domain that I have pointed to Byethost free account. I want to install Mybb to Byethost. I tried creating an addon domain , using their Fantastico, installed Mybb to the new domain folder, but you have to go to example.com// to find the forum. Notice the double slashes at the end? The domain folder is not inside the htdocs folder. Should it be? Should I just upload Mybb to the htdocs folder, and when I go to the domain it will come up?

I just am not thinking clearly, I used to be able to do this in my sleep. I have recently broke up with my lady friend of 11 years and I cant think straight right now. I am trying to get this done for a client who is getting impatient. ANY HELP would be appreciated.
Yes you will need to upload MyBB's contents into the htdocs (or public_html depending on how the web hosting company has it configured). You shouldn't need two // at the end to make it connect to your hosting account so that is strange.