MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is Roaming Option possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have three forums, out of them one is big and have many users, its phpbb

there are about 2300 registered users.

as now i opened a new forum which is on MYBB 1.2.1

i want a button on the header on MyBB forum like "roam me to other forum"

when a user click that link he everything should be done at backend, and he/she must be prompted that you have successfully roamed to other forum and after that he/she can be able to login easily

Q1.
i want a script that can help me to point that link to it Sad

Q2.
is this possible vice-versa? i mean roaming from phpbb2 to MYBB and MYBB to phpbb

thanks in advance
What exactly do you mean by "roam?" It's easy to just put a link to your other forum up in the header, if that's what you mean. If you have something else in mind when you say "roaming" then please explain.
I think he means something like automatically create a user in phpBB with the same details when someone clicks on the phpBB link in MyBB, so the user doesn't have to register again.
Are you talking like phpBB and MyBB share the same database, but your users can choose which software they want to use?
If that's what he means, I think that'd probably require some HEAVY core file changes to at least one of his boards (maybe both).

Although, I suppose you could modify the registration for each forum so that when you register for one, you're registered on both. Rather than actually sharing a database, it would just enter you into both databases.