MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I get a banner on top....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.....without downloading anything? I'm currently being hosted by someone else on junkmac.com and it seems that I can't put a banner up without having to go through an "images" directory.

What does this mean?
The images directory is where all the images for your site theme are stored. You can of course link the image to photobucket or similar via the header template.
(2012-12-04, 05:25 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The images directory is where all the images for your site theme are stored. You can of course link the image to photobucket or similar via the header template.

Where might that be located?
It is on your server and you can access it via ftp. Usually it is at yourdomain/images, but if you have the forum in a sub-directory then you would have yourdomain/subdiectory/images and then in the images folder there are folders per theme.
Thank you, I got it!

Now, another question, is there a mod that can let my forum permanently enable signatures without having to check the boxes in between posts?
Yes, if you remove the tick boxes from the templates (quick reply and new reply and edit post and new thread) and at the top (with the rest of the hidden inputs) put

<input type="hidden" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />

I advise doing this on a test copy of your theme
So this is my code (for edit reply):

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->edit_post}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$preview}
{$post_errors}
{$attacherror}
<form action="editpost.php" method="post" name="editpost">
<input type="hidden" name="my_post_key" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="3"><strong>{$lang->delete_post}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" style="white-space: nowrap"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="delete" value="1" tabindex="9" /> <strong>{$lang->delete_q}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1" width="100%">{$lang->delete_1}<br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->delete_2}</span></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->delete_now}" tabindex="10" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="deletepost" />
<input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{$pid}" />
</form>
<br />
<form action="editpost.php?pid={$pid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->edit_post}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$loginbox}
<tr>
<td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->subject}</strong></td>
<td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
</tr>
{$posticons}
<tr>
<td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}:</strong><br /><div style="text-align: center;">{$smilieinserter}</div></td>
<td class="trow2">
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="3">{$message}</textarea>
{$codebuttons}
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" tabindex="6"{$postoptionschecked['signature']} /> {$lang->options_sig}</label>
{$disablesmilies}</span>
</td>
</tr>
{$subscriptionmethod}
{$pollbox}
</table>
{$attachbox}
<br />
<div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->update_post}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" /></div>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_editpost" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
</form>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

So I just remove the checkbox line and put the code you're talking about at the top?
This should do it:

<html>
 <head>
 <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->edit_post}</title>
 {$headerinclude}
 <script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/post.js?ver=1400"></script>
 </head>
 <body>
 {$header}
 {$preview}
 {$post_errors}
 {$attacherror}
 <form action="editpost.php" method="post" name="editpost">
 <tr>
 <td class="thead" colspan="3"><strong>{$lang->delete_post}</strong></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td class="trow1" style="white-space: nowrap"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="delete" value="1" tabindex="9" /> <strong>{$lang->delete_q}</strong></td>
 <td class="trow1" width="100%">{$lang->delete_1}<br /><span class="smalltext">{$lang->delete_2}</span></td>
 <td class="trow1"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->delete_now}" tabindex="10" /></td>
 </tr>
 </table>
 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="deletepost" />
 <input type="hidden" name="pid" value="{$pid}" />
 </form>
 <br />
 <form action="editpost.php?pid={$pid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input">
 <input type="hidden" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />
 <tr>
 <td class="thead" colspan="2"><strong>{$lang->edit_post}</strong></td>
 </tr>
 {$loginbox}
 <tr>
 <td class="trow2"><strong>{$lang->subject}</strong></td>
 <td class="trow2">{$prefixselect}<input type="text" class="textbox" name="subject" size="40" maxlength="85" value="{$subject}" tabindex="1" /></td>
 </tr>
 {$posticons}
 <tr>
 <td class="trow2" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->your_message}:</strong><br /><div style="text-align: center;">{$smilieinserter}</div></td>
 <td class="trow2">
 <textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="3">{$message}</textarea>
 {$codebuttons}
 </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td class="trow1" valign="top"><strong>{$lang->post_options}</strong></td>
 <td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
 {$disablesmilies}</span>
 </td>
 </tr>
 {$subscriptionmethod}
 {$pollbox}
 </table>
 {$attachbox}
 <br />
 <div align="center"><input type="submit" class="button" name="submit" value="{$lang->update_post}" tabindex="3" accesskey="s" />  <input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4" /></div>
 <input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_editpost" />
 <input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="{$posthash}" />
 <input type="hidden" name="attachmentaid" value="" />
 <input type="hidden" name="attachmentact" value="" />
 </form>
 {$footer}
 </body>
 </html>
Few things here:

1) I got all 4 except the Quick Reply template, which I can't find. Is it under something different?

2) Now I can't edit the first post of one of my topics. It says that my authorization was mismatched. What does that mean?

3) I can't seem to get posting buttons like bold, italicize, etc. to work, says it's "undefined" everytime I click the button. Did I do something wrong?
1) Quick reply will be under Showthread Templates - showthread_quickreply

2) Authorisation mismatch is an odd one - make sure you didn't delete anything else in the template or break any tags

3) That sounds like you are on firefox and the js needs updating - see the sticky topics in support.