MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a user a moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a registered user a moderator and give them the following 2 options .

(1) allow them to edit posts made by anybody

(2) allow them to delete posts made by anybody

While the user in question isnt a newbie - they dont have any web authoring or scripting clue and i dont want to give them access to the control panel etc .

I only want them to be able to EDIT and DELETE any post made on the forum .

I've had a good look through the ACP and i'm lost at the sheer number of available options .

Quite frankly i'm not interested in vauge pointers to a certain section - for your help to be any good - it needs to be clear step by step instructions on how to do it .
Go to AdminCP and somewhere in the middle of your screen you'll see a Quick User Finder.
Type in the username of the user you want to be a moderator and click the Find-button.
Once you've found the user, click on the Go-button to Edit Profile & Settings.
Now you can set his Primary Usergroup to (Super) Moderator OR you click one of these options as his Secondary Usergroup.
After that, you click on the Update User-button at the bottom.

From this point on, this user is a moderator and he can edit and delete threads and posts.
If you choose the user to be a Super Moderator, you don't have to do anything else.
If you choose the user to be a normal Moderator, you have to select the forums where he can edit and delete. To do this, click Manage Forums under Forum Management in the left navigation panel.
For the forums you want the user to be able to delete/edit posts, you click on the button Subforums/Moderators.
Click on the button New Moderator
After that, type the username in the field and set his abilities.
If you're done, click on the Add Moderator-button.

I hope these were clear instructions...
That was great and just what i wanted .

I opted for the super moderator so i wouldnt need to mess around with any other settings .

Nice one dude - thank you for your time and effort .