MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Searching Trusting Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A trusted staff is the person whom you can find on your forum. Picking or rather trying to hire results in bad circumstances and results many times, unless he/she is professional and very reputable.

You'll eventually find staff when your forum grows from your community itself. Moreover, no one knows your community, it's guidelines and other stuff better than your forum members itself.
(2012-12-17, 04:17 AM)adepolo Wrote: [ -> ]Or you guys could just let me run my forum the way I want to. Thanks.

+1! I hate it when people do that. :p I can't stand when people can only point out the negative things about a forum and nothing good.

For the rest of you. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of Staff members to start the forums out.
(2012-12-17, 09:22 AM)Lukear9 Wrote: [ -> ]For the rest of you. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of Staff members to start the forums out.

No it doesn't, it does hurt picking them from random community sites like this when you have no idea who they are and how trusted they are.

This is another case of forum owners picking Staff because they want to increase activity. They think if they grant a particular user power, they will post more, it's ridiculous. I guarantee your forum gets no reports... What is there to moderate?
(2012-12-17, 09:22 AM)Lukear9 Wrote: [ -> ]+1! I hate it when people do that. :p I can't stand when people can only point out the negative things about a forum and nothing good.

There's only so much positivity that can be given to a new forum around an overused niche. Criticism (which you might see as negativity, but is actually quite useful) is something everyone needs to hear, regardless of whether they want to hear it or not.

I can guarantee you'll remember the people who criticized you a lot more than you'll remember the people who praised you and this is because passive congratulations aren't going to help you 4 months down the line when your site is dead.
Pages: 1 2